Comment posted on Major environmental groups seriously compromised by wind developers’ cash by Malcolm Kirk
Still missing the point – we don’t need ‘all the above’
Malcolm Kirk also commented
- They took another sites readings and put them forward as their own in the dash for cash. Smacks of something unpleasant. So your Scottish Government has come up with a regulation that says that if you are going to build wind turbines on a particular site you will need anemometer readings, but they could be for any old site – doesn’t really matter as long as the Public employees involved can tick a box – are you happy with that ? However you really have sunk to a new low Doc – I asked you for facts on Carbon Capture and you offer a government paper issued in 2005 – 7 YEARS AGO DOC. ! ! ! ! !
- Well done that man ! Apology due Doc !
- So what would CCS add to the domestic bill ? And all this is subject to the assumption that there is something called man made Global Warming – which me and my mate Donald are not convinced about – but whatever -why the panic ? Simple facts please this time – not references to umpteen ‘New Scientist’ documents. Fact 1 – Fact 2 – Fact3 – etc.
- Mary Doll – as Rab C would say – nothing, but nothing, but nothing, will change Dr Douglas and Mr McIntyre from the doctrine issued by their beloved Holyrood. Their answer is normally just to denigrate the writer – but don’t you worry, there are plenty of us who agree with your every word except perhaps the bit about not requiring anemometers – unless of course you know differently in which case let us know.
- We all know that – there is nothing new there. Get rid of the horrible waste of money being poured into renewables and we can offer more to the people that are investing in keeping our lights on, and Industry working, no matter the hour of the day
Recent comments by Malcolm Kirk
- Gigha community ownership on brink of failure
Anyone got a – probably much maligned – multi millionaire on tap ? Yet again!
- SAMS launches Laurence Mee Centre for Society and the Sea
As things have gone bit quiet elsewhere – could anyone explain what the following means in plain english ” understanding the human dimensions of the sea and the interactions between social and economic issues and the natural environment”
- Open minded new Transport Minister offers hope to Coastguard SOS campaign
Can anyone offer an occasion when shipping has been failed by the Coastguard service in the last year or two
- Possible game changer: Prestwick Trumped for Turnberry – and more?
Yes – my son has played there and says is pretty darned good. Got a hole in one at his local last week ! ! However – hate to bring actual experience yet again to the hypotheticals on FA, but as a seaside resident of East Lothian for many decades I can assure Lowry and others that there are no bits of land on the Earth that get moved about more that coastal sand dunes, and yet they always survive. Bye the bye – it was the local authority employees who were so hard on the householders who didn’t want to move – not the Trump organisation.
- Totty rocks as new FM elected at Holyrood
Lowry – What was wrong with the Community charge – it simply meant that a single person paid less than a family – seems reasonable ! The disgraceful violent hate filled scenes were caused by Old Labour, the left wing Unions, and the active Communist Party of the time, who saw it as a chance to bring down the Government. As far as good old Council Housing was concerned it gave people choice. There were plenty excellent new Council Housing schemes round our way giving people a new home at a reasonable rent. I also knew people who bought their Council houses – the few that did, never caused a shortage for others. So that’s a bit of nonsense I’m afraid. Incidentally I been asked to convert a video presentation made to the Rural Parliament in Oban recently for uploading to Youtube. Stuart Young starts off with chastising Mrs T for selling the Energy Companies so should be of interest to you – I’ll post the video address here when it’s ready.
powered by SEO Super Comments