Comment posted on Scottish Power Renewables announces another delay for proposed Tiree Array by Malcolm Kirk
The amusing part of the committee hearing was when Mr Donald Trump said that only last week his Golf Course was refused two 20m flagpoles at the entrance gate because ‘they would have an unacceptable impact on the amenities in the area” when apparently seven 200m high massive wind turbines are acceptable a mile away. Good joined up thinking that one Eh! One of the many embarrassing displays by your elected leaders was from the member for the Islands who was down right rude and offensive to Mr Trump and then tried to get him to put millions into some pet scheme on Lewis,which presumably needed more funds because of the failure of Scottish Government policy. How brass necked was that, although you have to admit that he was looking for favours in public, unlike your ‘Dear Leader’. Then the whole thing was brought down to the lowest denominator at the end when the Chairman asked Mr Donald Trump whether he would consider buying Rangers football club. Statesmen – I don’t think so. By the way – just another point to get your nashers into – It’s been widely touted that renewables will create tens – nay hundreds – nay thousands of jobs. CATS mentioned a 44 turbine wind farm being constructed in Scotland where all the workers were Spanish – except one ! Certainly creating jobs !
Malcolm Kirk also commented
- Yet another well thought out, reasoned, reply from Webcraft
- I offered you the connection to iplayer so you could watch the debate. The most reasoned and plain speaking person there was Donald Trump – there was no arrogance. If you can get over your bitterness, watch the recording – start at 20minutes in.What Mr Trump said in answer to Chic Brodie was – and I’ll shorten it ( my tea’s ready) but not miss the salient points ‘ I am an expert on tourism – I have won many awards – my golf clubs are rated the best in the world – I have 5 star and even 6 star ratings – I am an expert in tourism ‘ What in hell’s name is wrong with that ? ? Ok – I see – he’s an American.
- Webcraft – you lied a while back when you attributed some nonsense you’d made up – to me – and I had to warn you to be careful. I have given you the website connection ( 18 above) to a very clear explanation of why we consider Patrick Harvie lied twice. In fact I have added so much info to this forum in the last 24 hours and not one of you has offered a reasoned detailed debate – all you do is get personal. Incidentally probably one of the most knowledgeably persons there on Wednesday was Graham Lang who I would like to call ‘ a wise old head’ with the greatest respect. He pointed out he had listened, read, gone to meetings, viewed videos – in fact obviously gone very deeply into the pros and cons of Global Warming – his view is that the ‘Jury is still out’ and that’s my view.
- Wood chip is about 90% of the cost of my present oil burner but the cost of changing over is not worthwhile. I am surprised that no mention was made of the fact that the CO2 created by burning wood just puts back into the atmosphere the CO2 the tree absorbed whilst growing. At least that’s what they say. However,the major arrogance and attitude on Wednesday in Edinburgh came from MSP Patrick Harvie who not only offered his untruths to the whole committee and media but repeated them on telly later that evening. As I can’t attach a picture here I give you:- http://www.windfarms.me.uk/wind6.html
PS The illustration is cm perfect for scale
- Alien Energy – is that what you’re producing ? Sorry Tim looked at all alternatives – had wood burners etc in the past – just have to bite the bullet of the heating oil thing.
Recent comments by Malcolm Kirk
- SAMS launches Laurence Mee Centre for Society and the Sea
As things have gone bit quiet elsewhere – could anyone explain what the following means in plain english ” understanding the human dimensions of the sea and the interactions between social and economic issues and the natural environment”
- Open minded new Transport Minister offers hope to Coastguard SOS campaign
Can anyone offer an occasion when shipping has been failed by the Coastguard service in the last year or two
- Possible game changer: Prestwick Trumped for Turnberry – and more?
Yes – my son has played there and says is pretty darned good. Got a hole in one at his local last week ! ! However – hate to bring actual experience yet again to the hypotheticals on FA, but as a seaside resident of East Lothian for many decades I can assure Lowry and others that there are no bits of land on the Earth that get moved about more that coastal sand dunes, and yet they always survive. Bye the bye – it was the local authority employees who were so hard on the householders who didn’t want to move – not the Trump organisation.
- Totty rocks as new FM elected at Holyrood
Lowry – What was wrong with the Community charge – it simply meant that a single person paid less than a family – seems reasonable ! The disgraceful violent hate filled scenes were caused by Old Labour, the left wing Unions, and the active Communist Party of the time, who saw it as a chance to bring down the Government. As far as good old Council Housing was concerned it gave people choice. There were plenty excellent new Council Housing schemes round our way giving people a new home at a reasonable rent. I also knew people who bought their Council houses – the few that did, never caused a shortage for others. So that’s a bit of nonsense I’m afraid. Incidentally I been asked to convert a video presentation made to the Rural Parliament in Oban recently for uploading to Youtube. Stuart Young starts off with chastising Mrs T for selling the Energy Companies so should be of interest to you – I’ll post the video address here when it’s ready.
- Totty rocks as new FM elected at Holyrood
Explain ‘ the Thatcher years’ that had such an affect on you. I was born and brought up in a working class Labour area. It hasn’t affected me so that I can’t see the better prospects for our country than those proposed by Ruth Davidson.
powered by SEO Super Comments