Comment posted on Scottish Power Renewables announces another delay for proposed Tiree Array by Malcolm Kirk
The amusing part of the committee hearing was when Mr Donald Trump said that only last week his Golf Course was refused two 20m flagpoles at the entrance gate because ‘they would have an unacceptable impact on the amenities in the area” when apparently seven 200m high massive wind turbines are acceptable a mile away. Good joined up thinking that one Eh! One of the many embarrassing displays by your elected leaders was from the member for the Islands who was down right rude and offensive to Mr Trump and then tried to get him to put millions into some pet scheme on Lewis,which presumably needed more funds because of the failure of Scottish Government policy. How brass necked was that, although you have to admit that he was looking for favours in public, unlike your ‘Dear Leader’. Then the whole thing was brought down to the lowest denominator at the end when the Chairman asked Mr Donald Trump whether he would consider buying Rangers football club. Statesmen – I don’t think so. By the way – just another point to get your nashers into – It’s been widely touted that renewables will create tens – nay hundreds – nay thousands of jobs. CATS mentioned a 44 turbine wind farm being constructed in Scotland where all the workers were Spanish – except one ! Certainly creating jobs !
Malcolm Kirk also commented
- Yet another well thought out, reasoned, reply from Webcraft
- I offered you the connection to iplayer so you could watch the debate. The most reasoned and plain speaking person there was Donald Trump – there was no arrogance. If you can get over your bitterness, watch the recording – start at 20minutes in.What Mr Trump said in answer to Chic Brodie was – and I’ll shorten it ( my tea’s ready) but not miss the salient points ‘ I am an expert on tourism – I have won many awards – my golf clubs are rated the best in the world – I have 5 star and even 6 star ratings – I am an expert in tourism ‘ What in hell’s name is wrong with that ? ? Ok – I see – he’s an American.
- Webcraft – you lied a while back when you attributed some nonsense you’d made up – to me – and I had to warn you to be careful. I have given you the website connection ( 18 above) to a very clear explanation of why we consider Patrick Harvie lied twice. In fact I have added so much info to this forum in the last 24 hours and not one of you has offered a reasoned detailed debate – all you do is get personal. Incidentally probably one of the most knowledgeably persons there on Wednesday was Graham Lang who I would like to call ‘ a wise old head’ with the greatest respect. He pointed out he had listened, read, gone to meetings, viewed videos – in fact obviously gone very deeply into the pros and cons of Global Warming – his view is that the ‘Jury is still out’ and that’s my view.
- Wood chip is about 90% of the cost of my present oil burner but the cost of changing over is not worthwhile. I am surprised that no mention was made of the fact that the CO2 created by burning wood just puts back into the atmosphere the CO2 the tree absorbed whilst growing. At least that’s what they say. However,the major arrogance and attitude on Wednesday in Edinburgh came from MSP Patrick Harvie who not only offered his untruths to the whole committee and media but repeated them on telly later that evening. As I can’t attach a picture here I give you:- http://www.windfarms.me.uk/wind6.html
PS The illustration is cm perfect for scale
- Alien Energy – is that what you’re producing ? Sorry Tim looked at all alternatives – had wood burners etc in the past – just have to bite the bullet of the heating oil thing.
Recent comments by Malcolm Kirk
- Baillie impressive at First Minister’s Questions – and then the polls rolled in
Would we not be better off with the SNO ?
- Scottish Labour Leadership: the timeline is Murphy’s headache
Glasgow blame Holyrood and the SNP
- Scotland heading to be a one-party state
Robert -I bet agnes supports windfarms, small hydro schemes, solar panels.
- Labour paralysis proves Lamont right
I thought we won the Referendum because we wanted a United Kingdom. The Labour Party is a UK / British Political Party, and as with all political parties it is subdivided to each region and always has been. This is not an uncommon situation with a Leader retiring and a successor being sought and indeed if it wasn’t for the rantings of the SNP extremists it would be nothing more that. Let the democratic process we all voted NO for – begin. I personally agree with newsie’s view of the value of Holyrood debates – pathetic. Politics require great orators, characters, personalities, to lead and achieve a following – totally non existent now in Holyrood, in any Party.
As to why the SNP gang are rubbishing Labour so vehemently on these pages – well its’s just sheer fear and terror. They are scared that a new Labour leader will regain the traditional labour vote and empty the SNP’s membership list and coffers.
- Labour paralysis proves Lamont right
I suggest you start the next two year cycle now.
powered by SEO Super Comments