Comment posted Campbeltown rumours about Wind Towers declared unfounded by John Sinclair.
I do agree with wind power has a place in our energy production, and manufacturing the plant in Scotland is worthwhile employment.
BUT just because I am pro wind power, I still listen to the other people views, and accept both sides are giving out misleading information to undermine the other side. Now what’s worthwhile employment, not everyone can be employed full time in the manufacturing of windmills, so what are other types of worthwhile employment. Is it better to have one big employer or many small employment opportunities. Should we optimise the resources or maximise the output. Too often an argument is over single issues, should we not be looking at the whole picture.
John Sinclair also commented
- watched the clip, still pro wind power, you are highlighting a very valid point about subsidies and I too get annoyed about those figures and alarmed that the pro wind power can not be more transparent about true costs. On a bigger scale, if we did not spend money on WMD and wage illegal wars, we could use all that resource and technology to give us all a better lifestyle, even sort out our roads and ferries in Argyll.
- I may not agree with your view on wind power, it does have a roll to play in power generation.
Totally agree with “let’s focus on worthwhile employment”, I am sure there will be a debate about what “worthwhile employment” is, but it would be a step forward for sustainable living, whats sustainable living.
- The logistic of moving commodities is a a very important issue, the lack of investment for the maintenance of the roads is an issue along with the size of commercial vehicles using them. S.White was just highlighting this in his/her way. We all need an income to support our selves, Scotland has a vast potential, harness that and we could all have a good lifestyle.
Recent comments by John Sinclair
- The continuator state in a broken union: the Soviet situation
- Salmond snubbed oil and gas industry in Aberdeen – but John Reid wowed the room
From comrade to Baron Reid of Cardowan.
- First design prize awarded for affordable island house
Add in all the red tape too, so happens tomorrow is the first day of actual groundwork on my new build, years of feeding £000s of pounds into the bureaucratic machine to get to the build stage. When I installed a wood burning stove in my house, it virtually cost more for the paper work than the actual work of installing it. At one point they were demanding that I went for planning permission.
- Argyll and Bute Council on track to lose £80k per annum to Waitrose
“Please publish your name!”
- Cut it at Cove Fringe to hear Confessions of Gordon Brown
“maybe it’s one of those places where people’d vote for a parrot if it was wearing the right colours.” Its not a place its a Kingdom, and I have known very generous and kind people hailing from there. In fact Sheridan delivered a speech in Kirkcaldy “giving his thoughts on what independence for Scotland could mean.” and the organiser was Marie Penman.
powered by SEO Super Comments