Comment posted Possible weather disruption to Gourock ferry services 14th and 15th June by Simon.
I understand that today’s Dunoon Observer* is carrying a story that between Thursday and saturday last week some 80 sailings weere cancelled by Argyll Ferries.
80 sailings cancelled. That kinda makes a complete mockery of ‘assurances’ in the Scottish Government again reporte in the Dunon Obserever reported on last week that stated “The unscheduled availability of both vessels now seems to have been addressed with a pattern of satisfactory reliability and punctuality being the norm”.
* Still going strong apparentlydespite FA’s exclusive about it closing down before Christmas….
Simon also commented
- Ferryman – can you explain this? “Simon those 80 cancelled sailing will have been deemed to have sailed under the Transport Scotland contract and so the reliability will have been 100% over that period.”
Recent comments by Simon
- 8,747 sign petition for acceptance of SCCDC’s Castle Toward offer – as move to call special meeting of council accelerates
Steve, once a community registers a ‘right to buy’ the landowner, private or public, is prevented by legislation from marketing the property. So there are no other offers on the property.
But to settle this whole question why not adopt Richard’s suggestion of putting the property on the open market? Then we’ll see if anybody offers. And of course the community group can offer their £850k and if they are the highest bid then they win.
- Politically skewed perspectives threaten fairness and the rural economy in land reform proposals
Press releases from both Scottish Land and Estates and McGrigor on the same day.
Oh joy Newsie!
- NHS Highland attempts heist on Campbeltown’s volunteer kidney support group
Any news yet on MSP McGrigor’s appeal against the planning refusal for a wind farm on his land??
- Breslin’s last stand for Castle Toward
Apart from Newsie, Cllr ‘Magic’(“the last opportunity to pull a rabbit out of a hat”) Mike Breslin and recently sacked Mike (‘I’m still pretending that Nicola, as her first act as First Minister, never actually sacked me’)Russell. Most people on here can see that despite the never-ending-email-trail, the protestations, the on-going accusation and the politicising and personalising of the issues on For Argyll, the truth is that the Unholy Trinity have run a spectacularly inept and crass campaign that seemed (from a neutral viewpoint) designed to attack and alienate the very people that might just have been able to help them.
1: The community group were never on here – just the ‘politicos’ ie, Newsie, ‘Magic’ Mike and sacked Mike.
2: The whole council voted on ‘Magic’ Mike Breslin’s motion. According to my mate reading the Dunoon Observer (still going strong Newsie despite your ‘exclusive’ from 2 years ago) it was defeated by 19 votes to 14.
Strange that FA never actually gave the voting figures…..
- Rally marks end of attempted community buy out of Castle Toward
Neilfie, and your evidence the District Valuer ‘based’ his valuation on one that’s four years old?
Or is this just more unsubstantiated spin?
powered by SEO Super Comments