Comment posted Western Ferries to have two new boats in service by 2013 Cowal Games by DunoonLad.
So will that mean the 2 older ships will be retired, or possibly moved to Toward, if that complex ever starts? Or moved to Dunoon to Gourock town centres route!
DunoonLad also commented
- Good news for the area, but at 20% extra capacity, will an extra 6 or 7 car spaces really make much difference? As commented by others, passenger facilities at the terminals are dire, and really need to be vastly improved. Maybe Newsroom could ask if this is on the agenda, given western want to improve the route for Cowal? A massive further investment by a private company, especially in these unsure times.
Recent comments by DunoonLad
- Deputy First Minister in Dunoon meeting Gourock Ferries Action Group
Even with a positive yes, a vehicular service is viable, are the government going to build the ships for a company to use them, in competition with a well established profitable competition? Is there a company willing to start a town to town service? Does anyone know?
- Today’s travel updates
And are the SNP going to pull a rabbit out the bag on Monday 29/4/13, at the announcement of the recommendations for future of the Dunoon to Gourock ferry service?
- Russell Bruce: Never mind Scottish jobs growth outpaces UK, our growth rate is 4.6 times US growth
Still doesn’t appear to bring any more jobs to Cowal.
- Deputy First Minister in Campbeltown this morning
Sounds interesting! Newsroom, you missed out her next stop later today, which will be to announce a similar new transport initiative in Dunoon………….
- Does the new ticketing arrangement for Gourock-Dunoon ferries make Argyll Ferries redundant?
Peter, I suppose it is really the time factor. Going directly by ferry from Dunoon to Gourock , should only take 20 minutes. Going via bus could add on another 20 minutes at least, in getting to and from Western, and waiting on a ferry. Could be longer depending on ferry times, and how busy they are. So, going directly should always be quicker.
powered by SEO Super Comments