Comment posted New local leader, Roddy McCuish, says SNP has moved from protest to progress by phill.
Murdoch has used them all in equal measure. Time to kick this wee nyaff (Murdoch), who is only interested in knee jerk politics and the usual headline grabbing bile, back home. Basically he is not a good man or a permanent friend.
phill also commented
- Was always a bit of a double edged sword in that it appeared to work, but i think there is far more responsibility placed on members today so electorate need to know in advance what they are getting. For some independents like Cllr Philand you do know you are getting a well principled councillor cutting through party political boundries. Far better this than councillors who cross party boundries and stay there!! (for there own good)
- Oban fm?
Recent comments by phill
- More concerns on SNP candidate selection for Oban Ward 4 by-election
How must Mhairi Malloy and Sean MacIntyre be feeling. I think that Sean in particular would have given Neil MacIntyre a close fight.
That said the snp have made their decsion and if Neil controls his obvious passion then i feel he is the person wo will make a good councillor.
- SNP choose one of the local party’s wrecker balls as Oban South and the Isles by-election candidate
In keeping with the Russell masterplan of having no SNP influence in ABC. The other cndidates would have walked it. It has certainly opened the door wide for local boy and community councilor Neil MacIntyre.
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
Good luck Neil MacIntyre. I havent always shared your views 100%, but you are passionate, live in the ward, and are Oban through and through. You have given a lot to the community over many years and this will be a natural progression.
I have never voted Labour, but i think you will be known for your own ‘independent’ views rather than any party ticket.
- Shock attempt to scupper planned council funding for Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative
Cllr Glen Lee is very astute at going round local organisations, including fetes, and churches, in an indirect way of getting the yes vote ‘up’.
Nice soul really but the voters should be aware.
- Fred Hall now a free man
Think Mike Russell
‘s jacket must be on a shooglier peg than any of the aforementioned councillors.
powered by SEO Super Comments