Comment posted Council Elections: The count by Lowry.
It could be that the problem is me but I don’t think so. Too many other folk have witnessed what I have seen him do and heard him say. There’s loads of evidence.
Lowry also commented
- Crikey! So previous history doesn’t count when putting oneself forward for election!
Do leopards change their spots after an election?
- Fair enough – if that’s what you think.
- It also seems likely that Iain’s mother managed to vote for him this time. Well done Ma’am!
- I doubt whether any of those who voted for him know him in the same light as I do.
- I am delighted with the Oban North results, especially the fact that Melville was not elected. In my view, he should never have been selected in the first place.
Recent comments by Lowry
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
Let’s face it, the Scottish Gvt. doesn’t want to invest in Argyll and Bute – period. Its focus is on the central belt and where its votes are – obviously not here!
The cheapest solution is the one they’ve chosen, which isn’t going to be the most cost-effective or sustainable in the long term but hey, do they care?
- McGrigor tables Parliamentary motion in wake of Council economic summit
I read with interest the article in this week’s Oban Times where Alan Reid points out how some of the Scottish Gvt’s centralisation policies have resulted in a loss of jobs in Argyll and Bute and which, in turn, could also have an impact on population decline and the local economy.
- Scottish Labour Leadership: the timeline is Murphy’s headache
Back to Jim Murphy: I’m delighted that he has decided to stand for the leadership position and declare that he will also stand as MSP in the 2016 elections.
Having watched his performance during the referendum campaign and (which has not been mentioned) the character of the man that was revealed at the terrible event of the Clutha Bar accident, I personally feel that he will be the best candidate for both Labour and Scotland.
- SNP considering coalition in Argyll and Bute
Here we go, they’re getting into bed with the Tories. A right wing local authority looking after themselves and the wealthy to the detriment of the rest of us.
- Oban North and Lorn by-election count under way: indications, analyses, result
Exactly like the referendum!
powered by SEO Super Comments