Comment posted Council Elections: The count by Lowry.
It could be that the problem is me but I don’t think so. Too many other folk have witnessed what I have seen him do and heard him say. There’s loads of evidence.
Lowry also commented
- Crikey! So previous history doesn’t count when putting oneself forward for election!
Do leopards change their spots after an election?
- Fair enough – if that’s what you think.
- It also seems likely that Iain’s mother managed to vote for him this time. Well done Ma’am!
- I doubt whether any of those who voted for him know him in the same light as I do.
- I am delighted with the Oban North results, especially the fact that Melville was not elected. In my view, he should never have been selected in the first place.
Recent comments by Lowry
- Breslin’s last stand for Castle Toward
- Syriza, one seat short of overall majority, now talisman for the Scot Nats
The independence referendum was just that: a Yes/ No referendum where the decision was made on 50% + 1 of the vote.
The Greek election was a general election and I see that Syriza won the election by gaining only 36.5% of the vote. Therefore the majority of voters did not vote for the party yet it will be running the country for a while, a least.
There can be no comparison to Scotland as the majority of voters here clearly decided to stick with the austerity measures being shared across the UK.
On the other hand, if there is any comparison to be made, it may be more interesting to examine why Greece wishes to leave Europe yet the SNP were determined to join it – including the Euro. By basing the Scottish economy on tax revenues from oil, would joining the euro have caused even more financial instability?
- Rally for Castle Toward – still a road to travel
What else could we expect? This is becoming more like two gangs of kids in a school playground than any serious discussion concerning a council asset.
- Powerful video argument by Save Scottish Seas campaign
In my opinion, it’s a campaign well worth supporting but in reality how likely is it that the SNP gvt. will listen?
- Help SNH develop future management plan for spectacular Taynish National Nature Reserve
The link to the reserve doesn’t appear to be working, so, I hope this one works and that it brings a smile to everyone who watches it, as it did for me:
powered by SEO Super Comments