Comment posted Research reveals shock insights into reality of Dunoon ferry service provision by trigger.
Peter eventually Cal/Mac were cheaper than WF for vehicles.Still waiting for you to provide evidence of Neil Kay misinformation to the public,cat got your tongue or have you realised it’s mission impossible/
trigger also commented
- On Cal/Mac bus passengers used to have to walk on and off the ferry via the gangplank while the bus boarded via the ramp.It used to be quite amusing watching a bunch of pensioners pushing there way to the front to be first on and off,so much for the good manners of the elderly.
- To Robert Wakeman answering #17,you missed my point I was asking could there be some inappropriate financial agreement between WF and McGills over fares for McGills.To Peter Wade if you are going to have the audacity to try and accuse Neil Kay of misinforming the public you better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is and provide the evidence for that ridiculous accusation.Don’t see that happening to be honest.
- Robert “downtown Dunoon” how very American of you but there again your views do seem the sort of thing an American Republican would have(that’s not good by the way).Can anyone tell me just how much McGills pay WF as it would be interesting to know how they make a profit on this run considering how many passengers seem to be students and senior citizens who of course get concession fares.Does WF run a loss leader to get the passenger traffic away from AF with the ulterior motive the Dunoon -Gourock being ceased.I do like a good conspiracy theory.
Recent comments by trigger
- One in the eye of the storm for the Dunoon Gourock Ferry Action Group
Luckily for Argyll Ferries yesterday the wind was westerly and west to east the river is not wide enough to allow waves to build up to the point where they would prevent Argyll Ferries from running.As anyone with normal eyesight could see the water was not rough.
- As he moves to Cabinet, former Transport Minister tells McGrigor options for the A83 ‘will be kept under review’
Why can the powers that be not look into the idea of what other European countries use successfully ….. i.e. building a (or several) Shelters like mini tunnels ! Instead of all the temporary makeshift work that must be costing a small fortune and is NOT resolving the problem. This route is ESSENTIAL to residents – daily deliveries – buses – tourists and the list goes on. THIS CANNOT CONTINUE – QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ASKED NOW @ A HIGHER LEVEL
- Welcome for movement on the Oban CHORD project money
When will the Council start & complete the LONG overdue improvements in and around the Queen’s Hall, DUNOON ? We have attended several diff Consultation Days looking at plans, meeting with Architects, Designers etc, but to date nothing has transpired …. we are tired of waiting to see improvements to lift this Town out of the doldrums and encourage tourists back to our wee town !
- It’s Oban Winter Festival time – duck the flying haggises and strip any handy willow
We have travelled up to OBAN on 2 diff occasions to stay for a couple of days drinking in the Winter Festival events, it is fantastic !!
- Managed protest at Pacific Quay shames pro-indy campaign
Can we please for once leave POLITICS out of this Happy – Successful – Major Sporting Event … 71 Nations are flying flags and yesterday Scots were cheering on the Kenyans for example. I personally feel that NO Demos should be allowed for the duration of the C. Games (just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons) !!
powered by SEO Super Comments