Comment posted Council issues prompt response on Martha Payne’s NeverSeconds clampdown by Robert Wakeham.
It’s the ‘cheap stunt’ remark that I’d like you to clarify, but you’re clearly a busy man. Hope the imbibing doesn’t colour your opinions too much.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- ‘reasoned debate’ – and you talk about ‘cheap stunts’, Prof, but won’t elaborate?
- Easy to assume someone of British professorial standing, but across the pond (and maybe elsewhere) it seems that the term is used as loosely as the description ‘city’.
- So tell us how you know that ‘he was told to do that’, that the the SNP spin machine was responsible for the wording. Tell us what you consider to have been a ‘cheap stunt’, and why. No axe to grind? – come off it, IanFraser
- Without trying to ‘whitewash’ the new council, it doesn’t look to me as if Roddy McCuish did fail his ‘baptism of fire’ – given his very recent ascendancy to the council leadership, his inheritance of both a damaged public relations office and some senior staff who might have been far too cosy with the ‘old guard’, and the fact that the affair blew up in his face just before the weekend. I think that this coming week might be a bigger test of the whole administration, albeit less in the public eye.
- Gus, your comments have now reached the stage where they seem to be going round in circles, and I for one am getting confused about where you’re coming from. As far as I can guess it’s based on resentment at the SNP being the main group in the new council, and on arranging and re-arranging (or ignoring) events and facts to fit your party political convictions. The trouble is, sometimes facts can’t just be conveniently ordered to fit.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
- Shell CEO says oil demand will rise to 80 times current North Sea production by 2040
….and you get four ‘thumbsdowns’ so far for pointing this out.
I wonder if there are more ostriches than humans reading this blog?
- HMS Sutherland on visit to Loch Fyne
To provide something interesting for a Russian submarine to sniff at?
powered by SEO Super Comments