Comment posted Council candidates, election battlegrounds and serious choices to be made by Simon.
Anne, you talking about Mike Russel’s vis a vis Robslee and Hillhead when he agreed that these schools should close??
Simon also commented
- Yes I asked a question Crazy ( I might get more sense out of you despite your name)
I asked Anne Baird an SNP candidate if she was thinking of extending the right to a veto (that she wants to give to rural porimary school parents) to other Council sectors? For example – would she agree that Libraries or swimming pools won’t be shut or hours cut without the consent of the majority of service users? Or Old Folks Homes won’t be shut the consent of the majority of service users? Or voluntary organisations or museums where their grant won’t be cut without the consent of the majority of service users?
Or would she resrve that veto only for rural primary schools???
Anne has so far refused to answer.
Mibbie you can persuade her to answer Crazy??…
- Morag, that is most unfair and quite rude of you.
Anne probably just didn’t realise (because she didn’t think it through) the implications of her rather silly pronouncement. Obviously a wiser head has prevailled and pointed out to amatuerish Anne that she was very quickly digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself and the best course was simply to stop digging.
As snp politico – looking to make the leap(!) from political groupie to political wannabe – that’s her choice. I will admit she is left looking lame because she cannot/will not answer a question about a topic she started.
In turn it does mean rather that she looks somewhat stupid as well – but that’s still no reason for you to be personally abusive towards her by calling her a coward!!
Have a nice day 🙂
- Integrity, good morning, as you are aware our deal was that I would answer your question as soon as Anne answered mine. As I predicted however the aspiring politician Anne Baird has point blank refused to answer my question on a topic that she started. Whilst a simple yes or no would have sufficed – but Anne simply abdicated responsibility for her own weasel words.
It should therefore come as no surprise to you to learn that our deal unfortunately no longer exists because Anne has singularly failed to answer the question.
But, the deal can and will be right back on the table just as soon as Anne answers the question.
See if you can persuade her 😉
Have a nice day 🙂
- Scruff – that’s strange I thought what I posted was crystal clear. Apologies if it wasn’t clear enough for you, however, I must confess that without the use of crayons I really can’t make it any simpler.
- Scruff – as a concise working definiton of politics Lasswell’s is as good as I’ve seen*. That does not mean I agree with everything else he ever did or ever said.
There now Scruff that clear enough for you???
The rest of the comments were of course the boringly predictable posts from the usual suspects/snp groupies and not worth responding to. So, I haven’t bothered.
As I’ve said have a nice evening y’all 😉
*Scruff, please, feel free to provide you own definiton and share it. See it you can be as concise and do try work in Anne’s childish consensus thingy. I won’t hold my breath… 🙂
Recent comments by Simon
- Lochaline Community Marina adds new moorings
Well done MCDC.
- Prime Minister May clear that Scotland stays in the British union
“Bye bye indyref2 – see you in a generation”.
Well, we’ll see what we’ll see. 😉
- The measure of Britain – who cares about Gibraltar?
‘Who cares About Gibraltar?’.
Well, a few of my friends that support a football team from the East End of Glasgow were particularly interested in Gib this week. But, it has to be said, only for 90 mins. Probably same again next week and then the interest will not wane – it will disappear.
- Tobermory Harbour Association plans to buy land, pier and buildings at Aros Pier
Well done THA. Their own modern facilities at Tobermory are great and are well used by summer visitors. Undoubtedly their pontoons and moorings have had a very positive effect on the Mull economy – not to mention the jobs THA have created. There must be something in the water in Mull and Iona where they actually get up off their bahookies to do things in their own community instead of waiting/depending on someone else to do it for them. Again, well done THA.
- SNP Council Group call for Argyll & Bute Council to issue full briefing on school building repairs issue
Did this article not read earlier that the Edinburgh contractor (Miller) also built a couple of of the schools in A and B?
Did I imagine that?
Or did Newsie change the article (again) without admitting it??
powered by SEO Super Comments