Comment posted Scottish government’s mad plan for rural parliament by Crazy She-Bat.
LOL @ this article and the comments over the past couple of days and it seems to be getting even funnier.
Will admit to thinking did newsroom have a bevvy on Saturday night and wind the clocks forward a wee bit too much – like to the 1st of April? Then saw the Beeb had it on their website too.
So this is essentially a proposal for a wee get together every couple of years and talk about rural stuff. Why don’t they all just attend that conference in Mull with the Ulva folk? Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, they’ll get with everything they need to know.
Edinburgh-centric? Superb terminology which I will also be applying to all things Kilmory on a local level.
There are many countries who have a capital as one city and bigger cities that are not. Edinburgh creates a good impression for Scotland on the world’s stage. Do we really want world leaders and ambassador’s coming to the Gorbals to visit us? “Yes, Mr Ambassador, that’s a jakey. Remember and hide yer passport in yer shoes and if you bend over I’ll hide yer wallet. Where do you wish me to stash the Ferrero Rocher?”. Get a grip people.
Aberfoyle? Why not Callander? Then we can tell visiting officials “Well we were going for Aberfoyle, but then decided on Callander as they have a better chip shop. Have you tried our new national dish yet? No? Oh here’s a battered and deep-fried Mars Bar”.
Why not have it at Crianlarich, Auchtermuchty or Milngavie? Just so we can laugh at them trying to pronounce it.
Well, there I’ve made a hefty comment about absolutely nothing…
kind of like this story. Sorry newsroom!
Crazy She-Bat also commented
- How about holding it near where the Battle of Stirling Bridge was? or Bannockburn? Then we can make the kilt statutory dress and shout “Freeeeeeedom” at the start of each session…
or am I being overly sentimental? lol
- Hmmm, maybe this is a job for me????
Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat
- First Minister’s revelatory refusal to pay Scotland’s share of upkeep of Head of State
Additional verses near the bottom Lundavra
- Welcome to Argyll’s Loch Litter-side and to Loch Litter and the Tossers National Park
Don’t be blaming the kids. I can assure you that in the nearest school, the children do litter patrols around their school everyday and get quite annoyed at the rubbish thrown in the school by passing tourists and lager louts.
There is no reason that bins cannot be placed in these lay-bys and added to the council’s bin collection for the park – its done virtually everyday in Luss, so a couple more will only add a few minutes to the schedule.
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
I’m quite sure the £325,000 Gordon Brown got for 2 days of speeches made it bearable for him too.
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
Wee torpedo in your predictions Karl – membership of the SNP has risen by 5000 in the last 48 hours. Seems like the result has only made it stronger.
- Indy: For Argyll live online to the result – with Gordon Harmer from Shetland
Danny Alexander saying about the animosity he has experienced during the campaign. I think that was animosity to you, not Better Together.
powered by SEO Super Comments