Comment posted Now see for yourself: For Argyll challenges anyone to say SPR plans for Argyll Array at Tiree are acceptable by Robert Wakeham.
‘Just move the square…surely even you are capable of doing that’ – ‘Bumptious’, Malcolm? does pot and kettle ring a bell?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Is there not still the hope that hydrogen generation would be the most likely ‘battery’ – if it can be made to work in practice.
- ‘..if most of that output is produced overnight..’ is there any evidence that most of a windfarm’s energy is produced ‘overnight’? (other, of course, than when there are more hours of darkness in winter months, when it could be argued that in northern Norway in mid winter all the energy is produced overnight)
- This makes it sound as if plonking monopiles (or whatever) all over this stretch of seabed is almost guaranteed to cause widespread damage to a valuable ecosystem, so has this been picked up in the environmental impact study (or am I being naive?)
- It would seem that the practicalities of installing and operating the Sound of Islay turbines are being refined with the experience gained with the test turbine of the same type that’s operating in Orkney waters – and that’s been featured on BBC news in the last few days. So how closely the environmental impact of the multiple Sound of Islay turbines will mirror that of the Orkney machine remains to be seen, as there must surely be limits as to how closely the effects in one location will be replicated elsewhere.
- Malcolm, ‘I would think now that discussions have taken place as to where it is coming ashore the estimate is now very much higher’ is rather an opaque statement, but do you mean that the proposed length of the undersea section of the Tiree array power connection has been substantially increased? Has the length been defined, and are you now able to suggest a cost by direct comparison with the length and cost of the Shetland connection?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Fred Flintstone owns up to stone age politics
If it did indeed cost £1.4 million to uncover the facts, I’d like to know the breakdown – who got paid what, and for how much work?
- QM2 moored off Oban
Quite a lot of them seem to be the same person.
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
powered by SEO Super Comments