Comment posted Research reveals shock insights into reality of Dunoon ferry service provision by DunoonLad.
So, if Newsroom is wrong, what does the contract and subsidy rules say exactly? A few “experts” are saying that nobody else knows the facts apart from them it seems. Why not let us all know the true facts then!
DunoonLad also commented
- To ferryman – I didn’t realise that the contract would have been in the public domain – thought it would have been confidential. Yes, making comments like why don’t they use the old pier all the time – now you know for definate! Need to study document.
- Thanks Jim – only 94 pages short! It mentions grants for ships, but think they have to be re
-paid. Interesting read so far.
- Simon, yes the news outlets to-day seem to thrive on stories that are usually just stories!
- Robert, unfortunately a brand new rail station has recently been built, and this involves a very long walk for passengers using the linkspan at Gourock. The station should have been located at the Cal-Mac headquarters site, which was going to relocate to Oban some years ago, if I remember correctly. This would have provided a transport hub suitable for the 21st century. It seems that those in charge of transport at the moment have no joined up thinking regarding these vital connections.
- There is a distinct lack of comments about the announcement that Alex Neil has told Argyll ferries to replace the Ali Cat with a vehicle ferry. Is this not the solution that so many people have demanded? Is there a catch to this news that has not been made public?
Recent comments by DunoonLad
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
Newsroom, re your headline, do you not really think that Labour is finished throughout Scotland, never mind Argyll, where they were never really popular anyway?
- No serious challenge to Sturgeon likely until after 2016
Really think that you are all wrong, and the SNP will flourish in a very short time, and the membership has risen by what 5000, in the last two days alone?
- Scottish independence referendum: declaration times
Newsroom, thanks for the count time details. As you say Simon, no matter what the result, things will never be the same in the U.K. again. The Yes campaign has woken up the establishment throughout the UK, and a lot of them are not at all happy about this! Looks like the 3 amigos will not be able to deliver their pledge for several reasons. If it’s a Yes, there will be years of change, and possibly chaos, and if it’s a No, there will be accusations of bias by media, politicians, celebrities etc, lies told. Maybe Newsroom could advise (you may have done already, but I have missed it) that some may cry “foul” and demand a re-vote, if it’s a No, due to all the bias and false information given to the public by many?
- Bill Clinton ‘s case for Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom
Just wish all those “celebrities” and others who do not live or work in Scotland, would mind their own business. Good old 4th July!
- Why might major businesses move out and what would it mean for Scotland?
O.k., it’s a one off for now,, but the new owner of Fergusson’s Yard has pledged to invest around £8 million in his new yard, and has no qualms whether. It’s a yes or no vote. Why is he so confident?
powered by SEO Super Comments