Comment posted Economic development strategy for the west Highlands by Graeme mccormick.
The problem here is not national political will; it is failure over generations to have a strategy and lack of finance at present.
A & B C has to mortgage it’s assets to build the roads , the tunnels and the bridges in a deal with national government to pay an instalment repayment plan.
If we open up Argyll and Bute they become the Fynest part of but integral to the Central Belt.
Thereafter the possibilities are Awesome
Graeme mccormick also commented
- Average Norwegian tunnel costs are around 3 million euros per kilometre lane. If you consider the ferry cost over the Clyde then it wouldn’t take long to pay it back with an eqivalent charge, but much more itopens up Cowal and Bute as well
Recent comments by Graeme mccormick
- Radically new council group changes all the dynamics: party politics dead in Argyll
I think we might have more regard for them if they all said they would only take their basic councillor salary and forego the extra payments.
All councillors should be part of the administration but have a free vote except for the appointment of lead councillors which should be divided up in proportion to the population share of each area committee.
That might just put a sort of break on factionalism
- Argyll and Bute Council: the serious stuff
Serious stuff indeed! our young people’s future or half-empty care homes.
Other areas are also worried about school closures being revisited.
- Minutes of today’s meeting of ‘Concerned Councillors’ Group
Come back James Robb
- SNP meeting on Monday may be testing time for mega-coalition proposal
I think you’ll find that the individuals mentioned will be considered past their sell-by date and divisive.
There are a number of political astute yet younger people ready to pursue or continue their political careers having shown themselves successful in the wider world.
- Walsh to lead all but Lib Dems, Conservatives and George Freeman
Do you really have to share your bedroom experiences?
powered by SEO Super Comments