Comment posted The Diamond Jubilee Thames River Pageant by Lundavra.
Did they have a BBC reporter at the scene? It is quite possible that they got the details from an egency, a local stringer or even the police. It would not be the first time that reports from official sources have got details like that wrong but of course the BBC always get the blame.
Lundavra also commented
- I think the boat that someone thought was “ARGYLL …” was actually Angell Hardy ll
DETAILED VESSEL INFORMATION
List of vessels invited to take part in the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant as of 17/01/12
- Much of the cost of the Thames Regatta came from private funds and what came from public funds seems a small price to pay for the number of people who enjoyed it. You could use the same argument for every public event including those in Scotland, cancel the Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh Tattoo, Glasgow Marathon etc and use the money on roads? I suspect the cost of the Thames Regatta would not go far towards making the A9 dual carriageway all the way to Inverness and the Inverness lobby want – I think it would be a lot cheaper to just paint double white lines down all the single-carriage way sections and spend something on the A82. Perhaps some of those diverted on Friday will realise just how much worse the A82 with only a slightly lower amount of traffic than the A9 and similar accident rate to the A9 despite the claims the A9 is the most dangerous in Scotland or the UK.
- I saw that one but I think that when I looked closer it was not “Argyll” but can’t remember now what I thought it was.
Agree on the singers, they did a great job considering the conditions. I thought their conductor should have turned around at the end of Rule Britannia and encouraged the party on Spirit of Chartwell to join in!
The Bah Humbug people were proved wrong and it is reported that 1.2 million people had a great day in London with many more watching around the world.
Watching Waverley this morning made me think they missed a great opportunity for publicity all around the world if they had taken part.
Recent comments by Lundavra
- Ed Miliband does Alan Reid the ultimate favour – cripples the Labour candidate for Argyll & Bute
Not so sure about the Liberals being ‘the partner of choice for all comers’. They might well end up in a coalition but they do seem to be universally hated particularly their leader.
- Has Sturgeon ‘red line’ forced MoD evaluation of Pembrokeshire as Trident submarine base?
I think someone is being very optimistic if they think they can make a successful ‘global port’ at effectively a new site off the main shipping routes.
- BEAR Scotland’s plans for coming snowfalls and low temperatures
I wonder how they would cope with this?
- Syriza, one seat short of overall majority, now talisman for the Scot Nats
Some of the loonier Labour MPs are calling on Milliband to adopt similar policies!
- How many nuclear powered lighthouses, buoys and oil rigs were there in the UK?
I would not say that Strontium is a misspelling of Strontian. No more than Copernicium is a misspelling of Copernicus or Roentgenium is a misspelling of Röntgen. Most later elements’ names end ‘-ium’.
powered by SEO Super Comments