Comment posted Scottish Power Renewables announces another delay for proposed Tiree Array by Treble T.
Hopefully the Tiree Array will go the same way as the Kintyre Array.
Treble T also commented
- Forth Ports are trying to obtain planning permission to build a bio-mass plant in the Dundee dock area (which they own) but they would have to bring the necessary supplies of wood for burning by ship from Canada.
Forth Ports are reluctant to state what is the carbon cost of transporting this wood from Canada.
If Forth Ports want a bio-mass plant in Scotland they should build in their own backyard in Leith.
- Even if biomass is carbon neutral when it is burned no one has taken into account the extra carbon emissions caused by the transportation of the wood to user’s homes.
If the combined totals are included then the burning of wood in wood burning stoves is NOT carbon neutral. However there is absolutely no chance of the Green Brigade admitting that.
Recent comments by Treble T
- Council meeting: is this what Audit Scotland had in mind?
Hopefully these SNP councillors have seen the light and on 18th September 2014 they will vote NO for independence.
- Switched-on Scotland votes for plug-ins and ferry discounts
The Wave power bus as it was known on Islay was not powered by electricity only sourced from the wave power machine at Portnahaven.
The bus was plugged into the mains at Bowmore which meant that a percentage of the electricity used to charge up its batteries was nuclear.
As far as I am aware the wave power bus is no more and it has probably been scrapped.
- Uists get involved in the issue of the Campbeltown to Ardrossan ferry
You obviously do not travel on a Calmac ferry service.
Since December 2012 if a ferry sailing which includes all ferry services in the EU is delayed or cancelled then the ferry company has to provide refreshments and/or overnight accomodation for all passengers depending on how long the ferry is delayed. Full details can be obtained from Calmac or any Calmac ferry office.
This has been implemented by the EU.
- SNP tightens party grip on local councillors in further chaos
I suggest that all the councillors in Argyll & Bute resign their seats as the electorate could easily manage without them.
- Amazon given government grants
Waterstones and Amazon charge publishers 70% of the cover price of a book that they sell.
powered by SEO Super Comments