Comment posted Argyll First celebrate unanimous decision to return power to full council by Jnr Tick.
“When they finish the champagne , Argyll First might like to reflect on the fact , that thanks to them ,power in Argyll & Bute rests with a tightly whipped SNP group controlled by Michael Russell and SNP high command hellbent on destroying the United Kingdom as their number one priority”
Islay for ever, you say the SNP are hellbent on destroying the UK? It is not and never has been the SNP’s aims to have the UK’s best interests at heart. The clue to the SNP’s intentions or motives is in the the S and the N, the interests of Scotland the Nation. It is not to destroy the UK, why should they have any interest in the UK? The SNP, for their sins, a real Scottish political party who’s interets are solely for the people who reside in Scotland. If you are looking to apportion blame for the demise in the UK and its, in my opinion, eventual disintegration, take a long hard look at where we are today, the embarrassing and ever widening gap between rich and poor, depravation in our towns and cities, lack of opportunity for graduates/school leavers, retention and maintenance of the abhorent wmd’s at Faslane, lack of respect for authority, drug addiction, I could go on and on. All these ails whilst being governed by Westminster Tory, Labour, Tory, Labour,Tory when will we break this cycle, come on the level headed people of Scotland, time to put this wonderful country right, to lead the way. If a party looking after the interests of its county’s residents has the knock on effect of ‘destroying the UK’ then so be it, but the SNP cannot be blamed for the intentions it came into existence for in 1934.
Jnr Tick also commented
- Just wondering where in my reply to ‘Islay for ever’s’ post did I mention the word instantly? Independence might however go some way to solving people’s inability to quote from posts accurately by getting Scotland’s education system back to the way it used to be, revered throughout the world. Sadly, like many other things here in Scotland, eroding, gradually becomming mediocre. Given time, in an Independent Scotland whichever government, be it Labour, Conservative, SNP or other, can implement real change, change that can revolutionise the way we all live, get back a sense of pride in where we live and who we are instead of a future of generations who are disassociated, disillusioned apathetic to anything that really matters in life. Jim B, what do people like yourself expect to see in a future Scotland as part of this wonderful UK? more of the same?, except even more of a decline I think. Why? Because the Unionists of this country, Scotland, expect radical change for the better will surely happen some time, some year, some decade, just keep putting the same old Westminster Labour then Tory governments in down south and they’ll see us all right, time to be brave and believe in your fellow countrymen and women that together here in Scotland we have both the resources and the intellect to make it work. I’m quite young, but admittedly and ashamedly have been naive to think Scotland lacked the attributes I have just mentioned for long enough, read to many rags, believed too many ill-informed anti-Independence people, but since the invention of platforms such as this, many of the myths of ‘paradise Union’ and ‘poor skint havnae got the intelligence Scotland’ can be quickly and easily dispelled. Incidently, the contempt shown to us by both the media and Westminster’s misinforming leaves a nasty taste in the mouth creating individualls like myself who will follow the Independence goal until my dying breath, if neccessary.
Recent comments by Jnr Tick
- General election television debates
“The intelligent option would be to shelve the egos and not hold these glorifying contests at all. They are usually ill-chaired, evasive, personality-driven and deceiving”
This isn’t the point in your article but Yes they offer little in way of enlightening the unenlightened. Good capable challenging interviewers can prize more lines for us to read between from politicians than the combative stone throwing of politician v politician.
- Lifeline for wildlife – 5p per carrier bag in Scotland from today
People who believe consumers as a result of this new law having to take more responsibility when purchasing goods when faced with what to do with disposable bags, people now encouraged to recycle, to make a start to realising and understanding the consequences of our wasteful throw away society are “tree huggers”?
I am fully behind this law and the only criticism I’d aim in the direction of this government is what kept them. The small charge will be little deterrent for many but if it gets some questioning why it has been introduced then for them to consider being a more thoughtful ethical consumer then it’s a winner in my book.
- Out of control Salmond scores own goal on poll-tax
Full house in Lochgilphead to discuss way forward for Scottish independence movement and what can be done from A&B
Watch live from 1pm today
- Fight for SNP Deputy Leader pits future against past
Newsie, looking forward as you put it will inevitably involve another independence referendum regardless of who becomes Deputy FM.
I’d be interested to see anything which would help substantiate your claim that Stuart Hosie is “anti-English”, quite an accusation but not unsurprising coming from you tbh. We’ve been subject to some inaccurate downright nasty accusations before during now after this referendum.
Had you played this referendum with a straight bat instead of the hyperbolic smears directed and delivered with needle and detestation at those who opposed your view during this democratic choice we faced you stood a chance of retaining a larger readership than what you have today.
This site has lost many contributors that it needn’t have. Few of us, I would expect, have problems with this site’s right to have an editorial stance on independence, however, to make a comparison, I know of absolutely nobody who does support independence that purchases the Daily Mail for reasons such as their vulgar taunts about Alex Salmond and his wife being childless to name one off the top of my head. These same people are quite content to purchase many of the other anti-independence newspapers for the reason that most of the tabloids and broadsheets available do not allow a hatred for their opponents (SNP & YES supporters) cause to poison their entire output.
Still, maybe FA doesn’t need it’s share of contributors from almost half of the electorate.
- Sturgeon declares for leadership as YouGov says only 25-39 year olds showed majority for ‘Yes’
Thought that was quite funny you lot.
Sense of humour bypass?
powered by SEO Super Comments