Comment posted Council issues prompt response on Martha Payne’s NeverSeconds clampdown by Robert Wakeham.
How about Dumbogate? – and, ferryman, given the level of your concern, why don’t you email Cllr McCuish and asked him straight; you could then relay his response to all of us. For the avoidance of doubt.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- ‘reasoned debate’ – and you talk about ‘cheap stunts’, Prof, but won’t elaborate?
- It’s the ‘cheap stunt’ remark that I’d like you to clarify, but you’re clearly a busy man. Hope the imbibing doesn’t colour your opinions too much.
- Easy to assume someone of British professorial standing, but across the pond (and maybe elsewhere) it seems that the term is used as loosely as the description ‘city’.
- So tell us how you know that ‘he was told to do that’, that the the SNP spin machine was responsible for the wording. Tell us what you consider to have been a ‘cheap stunt’, and why. No axe to grind? – come off it, IanFraser
- Without trying to ‘whitewash’ the new council, it doesn’t look to me as if Roddy McCuish did fail his ‘baptism of fire’ – given his very recent ascendancy to the council leadership, his inheritance of both a damaged public relations office and some senior staff who might have been far too cosy with the ‘old guard’, and the fact that the affair blew up in his face just before the weekend. I think that this coming week might be a bigger test of the whole administration, albeit less in the public eye.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- More ‘productive’ discussions with UK government ministers for Western and Northern Isles
Actually, Sokay, the Nazi invasion never took place in the 1940s, either; where d’you think we’d be today if it had?
- Today’s travel updates
The A83 is apparently being closed overnight sometime soon at Kilmory, outside Lochgilphead, for resurfacing (yet again) the stretch with inadequate sub-base at Red Lodge, but the Traffic Scotland website indicates convoy working on the night of 22nd – 23rd April, between Lochgair and Lochgilphead, at Brackley, West Lochgilphead, for a high friction surface to be applied.
At least some of this information is computer generated nonsense – but how much?
- 50th anniversary of first west coast car ferry – from LOLOs to ROROs and DODOs
Wouldn’t the young Finlaggan be strong competition in the ‘plushness’ stakes?
- Problems with both pro-indy and pro-union campaigns
I think you’re insulting Anne Baird.
- Cumberland Avenue Helensburgh 8.30am this morning – in go council contractors under police escort
Good news – but it’s unthinkable that the council won’t recover its costs (in full, including existing and future legal costs) from the ‘developers’.
powered by SEO Super Comments