Argyll and West Dunbartonshire Police are holding Insight sessions for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career as a Police Officer or who wants to find out more about volunteering to become a Special Constable.
For anyone thinking of applying or who wants to find out more information, sessions are well worth attending.
To become an officer of Police Scotland you need:
- to be at least 18 years old [although you can apply at the age of 17 1/2] ;
- have a full current UK manual driving licence or equivalent;
- be physically and mentally able to undertake police duties;
- be a British citizen, EU/EEA national, Commonwealth citizen, or foreign national with indefinite leave to remain in the UK who has been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years.
There is no minimum height restriction and whilst there is a national eyesight requirement, some officers do wear glasses.
Tattoos will not automatically exclude you from the recruitment process.
If successful you will be posted to one of three divisions of your selection.
Schedule for the Insight sessions
- Thurs 17th September – 19:00 – Oban Police Office
- Tuesday 22nd September – 12:00 – Tobermory Police Office, Mull
- Thurs 24th September – 19:00 – Campbeltown Police Office
- Saturday 26th September – 11:00 – Dumbarton Police Office
- Tuesday 29th September – 13:00 – Bowmore Police Office, Islay
- Thursday 1st October – 19:00 – Lochgilphead Police Office
- Saturday 3rd October – 11:00 – Dunoon Police Office Tuesday
- 6th October – 18:00 – Rothesay Police Office
- Saturday 10th October – 11:00 – Helensburgh Police Office
To reserve a place at any of the sessions please email: PoliceRecruitingUnitGlasgow@scotland.pnn.police.
More information about being a Police Officer or Special Constable can be found on the recruitment section of the Police Scotland Website here.