Comment posted ForArgyll on Pause by Arfur Sixpence.
Arfur Sixpence also commented
- Not to mention the GP recruitment crisis nor the fact they can’t recruit a dentist for Lochgilphead, educated professional people will simply not move to Scotland whilst there is a talk of referendum and independence. The damage is done.
Recent comments by Arfur Sixpence
- Musical chairs again at Machrihanish wind tower plant – with new owner, new investment, possible new major contract and possible hike in jobs
Given that these towers are larger in diameter than those currently transported, unless they are going by sea or air, they won’t make it north of Tarbert!
- March uplift for Scottish home sales
Average house price data is a non statistic. Anyone with experience in the property market knows that the market is cyclic, these statistics do not compare like for like, they merely represent the average price of properties sold in a given period. These statistics are particularly useless in areas of Scotland where the volume of sales is low and are often distorted by the sale of one or two expensive or indeed cheep homes.
- Curiosity of Sturgeon’s late and surprise campaign trailing of indyref 2
It is good that you plan to spend the rest of your life in Scotland given that, if you own your own home, the value has stalled in comparison to the rest of the UK, there will come a time when you simply will not be able to sell and buy elsewhere. This is due to a lack of demand caused by the continued uncertainty of possible independence. Also, I hope you are not relying on a state pension because, an independent Scotland will not be able to afford to pay you. These are the simple truths. Further if, you live in a larger than average house, you will be expected to pay a surcharge on your council tax. Is that not bedroom tax?
- Davidson to start in Oban today for coast to coast last tour before Thursday’s election
I find it incredible that they can continue spout mantras about no politician can stand in the way of the will of the Scottish people yet, that is precisely what they continue to do. The majority voted no in a once in a lifetime vote.
- In daftest election campaign ever, Dugdale raises laughs with pledge to cure loneliness
Launch a fresh campaign for indy ref 2. Remove completely any desire people may have to invest in or move to Scotland, stall the housing market, cut investment, accelerate de population.
An inspired policy for success…………..not!
powered by SEO Super Comments