Comment posted Police Service for Scotland Lochgilphead: police reports fo week to 1st August 2016 by Lowry.
This morning road closed at Kilmartin due to a serious accident involving a log lorry. Looks horrific.
Although the cause of the accident is yet to be determined I wonder when the powers that be will recognise that our rural roads are not suitable for such large wagons, with logs or wind turbines. Although the latter do tend to go much slower and with an escort.
Lowry also commented
- Hey!!! When did the “Edit” button return? I’ve only just noticed it! Thanks – quite a relief.
- Accident was on the bend just past the pub, coming out of Kilmartin towards Lochgilphead. Road was closed at Ford Road end – not sure about the other side.
- If there were no serious injuries then those involved are very lucky indeed. What I saw was a mess.
Once again, a major incident on one of our main roads and little option of a detour. Businesses affected, public transport affected and meetings cancelled. The only notice of the accident from Oban was, apparently, just outside Oban and at the Ford Road end where traffic was turned back. Nothing else along the route.
Recent comments by Lowry
- ForArgyll on Pause
If this site is shut how come you can post on it?
- Here’s how the ‘BT Broadband Security’ scam works – a victim’s narrative
Thank you newsroom. You have probably saved quite a few of us much pain and similar embarrassment.
Scammers are becoming more convincing as technology improves – no matter how savvy we think we may be, in reality we are all as potentially vulnerable.
- Supreme Court finds for appellants on Named Persons
I wonder what our “friend” AS would be saying if the boot was on the other foot. i.e. The Yes campaign for independence had won by the same majority and the No campaigners kept crying foul and insisting on another referendum. Would s/he simply accept the democratic argument?
- UK Supreme Court to hand down judgment on Named Person provision next Thursday
- SNP Deputy Party Leader contest sees post-Brexit carpetbagger challenge Angus Robertson
This simply proves the shallowness of the SNP. When is it going to run Scotland and sort out all the problems affecting those of us that live here rather than think only about themselves and daydream about a fictitious independent Scotland.
powered by SEO Super Comments