Councillor Duncan MacIntyre has withdrawn from speaking for the union at tomorrow’s [7th February] Argyll Voluntary Action debate on independence at the Argyllshire Gathering Halls on Oban [13.30 to 15.30].
He has done so in order to attend the funeral of his long time colleague and friend, Robin Banks, who sadly died last weekend and to whom tribute will be paid here later today.
Councillor MacIntyre’s place will be taken by Argyll and Bute’s MP, the Liberal Democrat, Alan Reid.
This will see the panel of speakers as:
- Michael Russell, SNP MSP for Argyll and Bute
- Roddy McCuish, SNP Councillor and former Council Leader
- Alan Reid, Liberal Democrat MP for Argyll and Bute
- Mary Galbraith: Labour candidate for Argyll and Bute in the 2015 General Election.
BBC 2014 Project
- Matthew Hall: [Oban High School]
- James Kane: [Oban High School]