Twenty classic Fife yachts are coming through the Kyles of Bute today, en route from Rothesay on Bute for lunch in Tighnabruaich in south Cowal.
This achingly pretty waterside village will be en fete for the occasion.
Details for those off to see the yachts and enjoy the fun in Tighnabruaich are:
- 9.30: Earlybird coffee and croissants for spectators at the Caol Ruadh Sculpture Park [on the B road round the shore, just north of Colintraive]
- 11.00: first yacht expected into Tighnabruaich.
- 14.00: all the fleet moored at Tighnabruaich.
Events programme in Tighnabruaich for 1st July
Marquee at Tighnabruaich Hotel
- 10.00 – 4.00 Local Produce Market open
- 11.00 Loch Fyne Ales Bar and Winston Churchills Venison Bar-B-Q open for complimentary drinks and venison burger . Also available to the public
- 1200-1400 Yachts Moor or anchor as detailed in mooring plan
- 14.00 onwards : Crews and supporters meet ashore in Marquee in Tighnabruaich Hotel car park to register, book evening meals, collect tokens for complimentary food and drink
- 1500 Pipe band march from pier to the village
- 1500 Skiff rowing race
- 1545 Welcome address by Chairman of the Kyles Marketing Group
- 1550 Skippers briefing Fiona Houston
- 1555 Activities brief Don Clark
- 1600 Selected Fife crews skiff rowing race
- 1700 Selected Fife crews Tug-o-War competition
- 1830 Dinner in Marquee [Hot & cold locally smoked salmon duo; haggis neeps and tatties; raspberry cranachan with Scottish shortbread]
- 18.30 Or depart to other hotels and restaurants
- 2030-2300 Ceilidh in Marquee