What is it about ‘Marigolds’ that makes them light hearted – and just a bit threatening?
Dunoon Burgh Hall is having a couple of clean up days in preparation for the first Dunoon Film Festival and would welcome any helping hands – arms stretched out, marigolds snapped on with malice aforethought – for however long people can manage.
There are a few specific jobs they know need to be done:
- cleaning up the balcony for the projector to go there
- taking lots of ‘stuff’ to the dump and to charity shops
- adding blackout to some of the windows
- relocating furniture
- generally cleaning in ‘lots of nooks and crannies’.
Old buildings as interesting as the Burgh Hall are very good at nooks and crannies – adding loads of character and enhanced cleaning demands simultaneously.
The attack squad will be going into action – hands outstretched, fingers flexing – on the following days:
- Thursday 6th June between 12noon and 6pm
- Wednesday 12th June between 11am and 3pm
The team promise that the kettle will be on – but bring your own Marigolds.
The Film Festival programme is an instant seducer and a spick Burgh Hall will clearly get things off to a flying start.