The first Dunoon Film Festival is to take place from Friday 14th to Sunday 16th June 2013. The organisers are now seeking sponsorship to support an event aimed to be the start of an annual series of film festivals unique to this Clydeside town.
The festival will be based at Dunoon’s historic Burgh Hall, with screenings take place there and in the two screens of the Studio cinema.
The programme will celebrate the best of Scottish filmmaking, past and present, It will include revivals of neglected classics and showcase emerging talent, while featuring films from around the globe that invite the viewer to travel, explore and dream of distant places.
This will be they say, ‘a kino-ceilidh of movies, music, guests and fun for the whole family’.
The Festival is a not-for-profit venture, reliant on public funding and the support of key partners.
The organising team is therefore inviting local businesses and individuals to help to deliver this important initiative by sponsoring specific screenings or events during the festival weekend.
There are approximately thirty different events in the programme – creating 30 sponsorship opportunities, with sponsors identifying the events with which they would like to be associated.
The team are promising the following
For a contribution of £50:
- A credit on the relevant page of the festival brochure, with your business logo displayed next to the film title. The brochure will have a print run of 7,000, and will be circulated within Dunoon, Cowal, Inverclyde, Glasgow and elsewhere.
- A credit on the relevant page of the festival website.
- Two complementary tickets to the sponsored screening/event.
- Our express thanks in the screening introduction.
For a contribution of £100:
- All of the above
- plus an onscreen slide advertising your business before the sponsored screening/event.
Naturally the programme of the festival remains a secret until the launch on Thursday 9th May. However, if you would like to specify the type of film/event you would like to sponsor, they will match your business with a film. of your genre of choice.
Possible options include:
- Local filmmaking
- Classic Scottish film
- Live event
Depending on who takes which type of film first, the organisers cannot guarantee your first choice of event and so are asking you to specify a second choice. They will do their best to match businesses up with suitable films.
Any businesses or individuals interested in taking up this opportunity should, by Friday 26th April at the latest, contact Ann Campbell:
- by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone on: 07754 866396