We made it our Biggest Step Change nomination for Christmas 2012 – and here’s an outline of what Argyll and the Isles Tourism got up to over the last year.
- Portavadie Tourism Summit
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism sets up as a Limited cooperative company.
- Visit Scotland Expo
- Mike Story is Keynote Speaker at the south and west VisitScotland Thistle awards
- First ever joint Visit Scotland / Argyll and the Isles Tourism workshops in Islay and Jura .
- Inaugural Meeting of Kintyre and Campbeltown Marketing group.
- Whisky Tourism Planning group meets at Glenborrodale Castle to plan a new Argyll and the Isles Whisky trail.
- AITC welcomes the Malin Waters RYAS fleet to Campbeltown and hosts a reception to discuss the expansion of further expansion of the marine tourism in the area.
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism joins the A83 Task Force to represent the interests of the tourism sector.
- AITC in conjunction with Visit Scotland launch the Autumn and Winter marketing campaign across central Scotland to increase business in the shoulder months and promote Bowfest, Mull Rally and Tiree Wave Classic as key visitor events.
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism and Mike Story Consulting work hand in hand with Argyll Estates to produce the Best of the West Festival.
- Launch at BOWfest by Carron Tobin of the Argyll and the Isles Forests and Gardens programme, in conjunction with the Forestry Commission – a showcase of the fantastic natural treasures of Argyll and the Isles as a prelude to Year of Natural Scotland.
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism and Caledonian MacBrane Ltd forge closer links and agree to promote destinations through local marketing groups.
- Mike Story invited to attend ‘Scotland’s top 30 tourism influencers’.
- AITC working with Southworth and Kintyre marketing groups and ABC to influence a better air service to Campbeltown.
- AITCs Mike Story and David Adams McGilp to represent Argyll and the Isles in Marine Tourism at regional and National level.
- Mike Story and Ian Cleaver attend VisitScotland Thistle award night of the stars. Ian Cleaver wins the coveted Silver Thistle award.
- Calum Ross, Carron Tobin and Mike Story all seconded to Scottish Tourism Alliance to develop National Tourism Strategy.
- Argyll and the Isles becomes Scotland’s lead focus on Marine Tourism.
- Joint initiative of the coastal Kayak Trail receives the green light,
If you needed more proof of the reasons for our nomination, this is it. Argyll and the Isles Tourism has been making its mark across the board.