Comment posted Survey for Mary’s Meals shows scale of worldwide hunger by Islay for ever.
The wealth of the Roman Catholic Church has been estimated $10 Billions to $15 Billions US dollars by Time magazine .
What a difference to world hunger some of that sum could make .
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- Musical chairs again at Machrihanish wind tower plant – with new owner, new investment, possible new major contract and possible hike in jobs
I completely agree with Robert , this is good new for the local area , but how right he is to warn of the dangers of being so reliant on one major employer . Tourism should be getting the same level of support and a new strategy for farming in the area drawn up with prospects outside the EU very concerning.
- HIE’s Argyll & Bute transport study published
Surely one of the most beneficial road improvements in Argyll would be the stretch between Tarbert and Ardrishaig ? This road is unfit for the 21st Century and is holding back tourism and other economic activity in Kintyre , Islay and Mid Argyll .
Why our councillors representing Islay,Jura,Gigha,Kintyre and Mid Argyll can’t work together to force improvement is beyond belief .
Our MSP and MP could usefully apply pressure too if they truly had the interests of their constituents at heart .
- Conservatives call for guarantee on CAP payments to avoid £125m in EU fines on Scotland
Complete incompetence from the SNP , too busy trying to break up the country it appears .
- Major loss to SNP in disheartened and disgusted resignation from party of former long term leader of Tayside Council
The wheels are coming off the wagon
- Boundary Commission recommendations reduce Scotland’s councillor numbers and wards – and Argyll & Bute takes most of the hit
How ridiculous it is that a councillor has to represent Jura along with Islay and West Kintyre , when Kintyre should be as one and the islands of Islay and Jura also treated as one entity .
powered by SEO Super Comments