Comment posted Senior officers failed to process Cowal Games grant extension by Simon.
Crazy, if my pointing out as I did that the ‘update’ effectively rubbishes all the trash that Nesie wrote in the original article can be equated to stirring – then I’m delighted to say I’m guilty as charged.
Havr a nice day. Have plenty champers – if not in celebration then at least to drown sorrows. Go easy on cartwheels after champers
Simon also commented
- As I said in another post Newsie – when you are wrong you never apologise you just re-write, or invent ‘new facts’, or introduce more red-herrings, or squirm out some new excuse just to try to justify your biased, squalid little piece.
Thanks for illustrating my claim so perfectly.
Have a nice day.
- Nobody else commenting on Newsie’s climbdown ??
- Doncha just luv the update?????
Seriously, does this ‘update’ not effectively undermines all the invented trash spouted in the original article?
After all the facts now appear to be after the decsion was taken by the Cowal Gathering asked for soem revisions, these revisions went back and forth until eventually agreed by all and the document signed. The Cowal Gathering are happy with the process and the process, in Newsie’s words, “has not prejudiced the position of the Games”.
This is either a mistake (and therefore an apology should be issued), or yet another of Newsie’s ‘boorish-and-petty-we-so-wish-this-story-about-one-of-our-seniot-hate-figures-were-true-because-we-and-some-of-the-more-easily-led-on-here-so-desperately-want-it-to-be-true-pieces’.
And “It has emerged” is so obviously the new “We hear”.
Recent comments by Simon
- In a party for whom 84,000 members are not enough for candidate selection, will Hosie’s elevation curtail Salmond’s ambitions?
To get back to the topic – does this mean that people who have been expelled from the SNP, ie local councillors here in A&B, are able to stand again? And, with the support of the SNP?
- Stramash award underlines sense of company’s big investment decision
Well done Stramash and I hope this expansion works out for them. However, I surely cannot be the only one to find it rather strange that Newsie and FA have almost completely ignored the rural parliament meeting in Oban this week. Maybe she couldn’t get press accreditation here either.
- Anonymous £15k donation to Mull’s Ulva Ferry Community Housing project
Excellent news from an ambitious small community determined not to die. Their self-help bottom-up approach is in complete contrast to other threatened schools/communities that seem to do little other than whine, whinge and turn up on-demand to demonstrate outside Council meetings.
More cuts coming that’s for sure. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/national-education-body-suggested.1415109075
ps If they do actually create a national education body that could immediately make the closing down of small, expensive, under-utilised schools much easier as national politician are less susceptible to local pressure.
- Planning permission for Ulva School Community Association Housing project
Well done Ulva for getting off their bahookies and doing something positive about rural depopulation. It’s just a pity that other communities with expensive rural schools and a declining population don’t do something similar.
- United Kingdom devolution: a dog’s dinner to herd cats
I had macaroni cheese for supper last night.
powered by SEO Super Comments