Comment posted Wind energy may be controversial but the logistics and the skills are mesmeric by newsroom.
Thank you, Scots Renewables, we were about to do this when we saw you’d done it.
This is a valuable and detailed record and of interest to photographers as well.
newsroom also commented
- And that is the most serious concern. Ben Loyal and the Flow country?
- One of the issues here is the presence in Mongolia of rare earths.
Emerging economies like China’s are, at government level anyway, prepared to bear the environmental costs of market dominance.
In this case the environmental and health costs to humans and to wildlife come from the volumes of highly toxic fluid waste resulting from the process of separating the rare earths (which coexist); of which neodymium is used to make the substantial magnets needed in the turbines themselves.
As a major producer of rare earths, China – Mongolia – has also become a major manufacturer and supplier of turbines, contributing significantly to its dominance in this industry.
- This is very much part of the scenario in this ‘industry’ that is of concern. ‘Here today gone tomorrow’ is a defining characteristic, along with bald-headed subsidy chasing.
And Vestas has proved a serial ‘here today gone tomorrow’ operator.
Corporate social responsibility doesn’t get off the page,
Recent comments by newsroom
- Tarbert VIllage Hall now a conference venue
This is sad news.
- Tobermory Lifeboat: 17 hour shout in 180 mile rescue of cargo boat drifting south of Tiree
It is indeed only a matter of time.
- South Africa legal system in operation in Pistorius trial
Michael Mansfield is a class act – but what may look to the old world like the clumsiness of the new one in the Nel cross-examination, has been a quite stunning mastery of analysis, detail, strategy and courtcraft.
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism follows up on Expo
This is the sort of news we need to hear. Well done all round.
- Patricia Ferguson asks about those evacuated during Red Road Flats blow-down for Games ceremony
What part of Scotland will not be affected by the Commonwealth Games – by the glory and the cost?
powered by SEO Super Comments