Comment posted Research reveals shock insights into reality of Dunoon ferry service provision by trigger.
Robert “downtown Dunoon” how very American of you but there again your views do seem the sort of thing an American Republican would have(that’s not good by the way).Can anyone tell me just how much McGills pay WF as it would be interesting to know how they make a profit on this run considering how many passengers seem to be students and senior citizens who of course get concession fares.Does WF run a loss leader to get the passenger traffic away from AF with the ulterior motive the Dunoon -Gourock being ceased.I do like a good conspiracy theory.
trigger also commented
- Peter eventually Cal/Mac were cheaper than WF for vehicles.Still waiting for you to provide evidence of Neil Kay misinformation to the public,cat got your tongue or have you realised it’s mission impossible/
- On Cal/Mac bus passengers used to have to walk on and off the ferry via the gangplank while the bus boarded via the ramp.It used to be quite amusing watching a bunch of pensioners pushing there way to the front to be first on and off,so much for the good manners of the elderly.
- To Robert Wakeman answering #17,you missed my point I was asking could there be some inappropriate financial agreement between WF and McGills over fares for McGills.To Peter Wade if you are going to have the audacity to try and accuse Neil Kay of misinforming the public you better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is and provide the evidence for that ridiculous accusation.Don’t see that happening to be honest.
Recent comments by trigger
- Transport Minister announces start of tendering for two new aircraft for Campbeltown, Tiree and Barra
I would just like to ask the Transport Minister, Keith Brown(2) points :- Why is the reliability of the Gourock/Dunoon Ferry Service being ignored ? AND are things in place on the REST & BE THANKFUL so as to prevent ANOTHER catastrophe ? ?
- Not such a brave new world after all – DFM’s message to Dunoon-Gourock Ferry Action Group
Just be glad none of the main towns in Argyll want a tram service.lol.
- Vic 27/Auld Reekie/Vital Spark for sale
COMPULSORY PURCHASE ….. I think that is exactly what the owner wants to happen !
- With 7,000 annual collisions in Scotland, SNH warns drivers to be alert for deer on roads in May
I read this Article with interest …. deer on/by the road is a big problem and we have encountered a collison once + several near collisons. Especially along the Loch Lomond and Rest, but, we were advised to purchase ‘Animal Alerts’ from a garage @ £7 which produces a high pitch sound that they hear, but, a human does not and we’ve now had 3 years free of any problems. I’d strongly recommend them.
- Attempted murder on Islay
ALL I’D LIKE TO ASK IS …. IF THE P.F. WHO RULED THAT HE WAS NOT DEEMED A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC AND RELEASED HIM ON BAIL UNTIL SUCH TIMES AS THIS COMES TO COURT (WHICH CAN TAKE AWHILE) …. WOULD HE HAVE BEEN OF THE SAME OPINION HAD IT BEEN HIS OR SOME OTHER PERSONS GRANDMOTHER ?????
powered by SEO Super Comments