Comment posted Gourock-Dunoon ferry: the authoritative position by DunoonLad.
Ferryman- I bet Alex Neil has told Archie Robertson to use the Coruisk for the winter. Not before time, lets hope they get it in place before the Cowal Games.
Maybe this is a ridiculous comment, but if you remember a streaker was used last year, but for passengers only!
DunoonLad also commented
- From the Dunoon Observer – ARGYLL Ferries confirmed this week that troubled passenger ferry Clyde Clipper will be leased to supplement AliCat and Argyll Flyer on the Dunoon-Gourock route’s busiest day of the year – Cowal Games Saturday.
However, the news has been met with dismay by ferry campaigners.
Not a rosy decision!
Recent comments by DunoonLad
- Deputy First Minister in Dunoon meeting Gourock Ferries Action Group
Even with a positive yes, a vehicular service is viable, are the government going to build the ships for a company to use them, in competition with a well established profitable competition? Is there a company willing to start a town to town service? Does anyone know?
- Today’s travel updates
And are the SNP going to pull a rabbit out the bag on Monday 29/4/13, at the announcement of the recommendations for future of the Dunoon to Gourock ferry service?
- Russell Bruce: Never mind Scottish jobs growth outpaces UK, our growth rate is 4.6 times US growth
Still doesn’t appear to bring any more jobs to Cowal.
- Deputy First Minister in Campbeltown this morning
Sounds interesting! Newsroom, you missed out her next stop later today, which will be to announce a similar new transport initiative in Dunoon………….
- Does the new ticketing arrangement for Gourock-Dunoon ferries make Argyll Ferries redundant?
Peter, I suppose it is really the time factor. Going directly by ferry from Dunoon to Gourock , should only take 20 minutes. Going via bus could add on another 20 minutes at least, in getting to and from Western, and waiting on a ferry. Could be longer depending on ferry times, and how busy they are. So, going directly should always be quicker.
powered by SEO Super Comments