Comment posted Economic development strategy for the west Highlands by Islay for ever.
All but the most blinkered will know that the road improvements you are claiming credit for on behalf of the administration in Edinburgh were conceived and largely executed before Salmond and co got their hands near the levers of power .
As for the second Forth bridge crossing , we know most of the contracts eg for steel have gone outwith the country .
This article is about the West Highlands and your intervention has only served to highlight the deplorable record of the SNP in our area . Clearly we will be better off staying in the UK along with Orkney and Shetland .
Islay for ever also commented
- Save your pity for west coast road users , badly let down by Holyrood with no significant road improvements of scale since the 1980s
- The problem IS lack of political will .Your attempt to blame previous generations will not wash .
Don’t you remember the tremendous improvements carried out on the Loch Lomond stretch of road in the mid to late 80s for example ?
Sadly ,now we have politicians empire building at Holyrood with road improvements a low priority , although I note there appears to be unlimited funding for turning perfectly good road signs into scrap to replace them with ones where gaelic is the lead language .
Also there are millions of pounds of taxpayers money being spent on community buyouts .
Clearly these are political choices made in Edinburgh .
- Where are Argyll & Bute’s invisible men ? Cabinet Secretary Michael Russell MSP and Argyll resident Mike MacKenzie MSP
It is past time this constituency had a local champion instesd of party stoogies as our representatives .
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- News requiring immediate action: Campbeltown Picture House to close
Dreadful news, a real blow to Campbeltown .
Jamie McGrigor’s response is first class .
I know many visitors to the town as well as parents and children were really enjoying the additional openings available this summer .
- Public support on Bute for Mount Stuart Trust’s Masterplan project
Fantastic news .
It’s a shame the Scottish government have failed to use the opportunities of the latest common agricultural policy reform to set up properly funded ‘green’ priorities which could have been so beneficial to rural areas of Argyll & Bute in sustaining farming and boosting visitor numbers.
- Porkie from Salmond on fiscal policy as Darling bests him again in Reporting Scotland interviews
Alastair Darling was superb under hard questioning , truthful ,concise , unflustered and 100% on top of his subject .
- Decent politics in Mull
Congratulations , Campbeltown lost a superb public loo with barely a whimper and the loss of the ones at Arrochar still causes dismay to travellers .
- McGrigor reminds Deputy First Minister she owes Dunoon her decision on MV Coruisk
You’d never guess Salmond had a limited budget with all the taxpayers’ money he’s wasting on the referendum .
powered by SEO Super Comments