Comment posted A83 closed due to another landslide – now reopened by Robert Wakeham.
Not if Ferryman has anything to do with it, CSB – a tunnel under the Clyde would destroy his raison d’etre.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- ‘Sokay’ – Where are you coming from? (in both senses) You said you did the journey to Ayrshire on Friday same route & distance both ways, you went via Tyndrum, and it took 46 minutes longer going out than coming back, when the Rest was open again.
I asked if the delay was on the Tarbet – Ardlui stretch (which is where the A82 is really inadequate in places) – and you start slanging me! I think you owe me an apology.
- You said you returned the same route, and you went out via Tyndrum, so you must’ve travelled both ways via the A82 through Tyndrum, but on the return journey – with the Rest reopened – with less traffic north of Tarbet. So why the oafish response? It was a perfectly reasonable question.
- So that extra 46 minutes, was it all spent crawling along the really bad stretches of the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui?
- And now, according to the Traffic Scotland website, the A82 has been closed northbound at Renton since 21.00 Thursday ‘for up to 60 minutes’. No explanation of why, and difficult to understand exactly what’s happening – particularly since the BBC traffic website makes no mention of any closure of this road.
- This is turning into a saga; misrepresenting and misinterpreting what I’ve said in an attempt to defend your own prejudices and disguise your own inability to address the question of the unsatisfactory trek between linkspan and train at Gourock. It’s counter-productive – and brings little of any worth to this discussion, which incidentally is about the A83 and landslides.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Sarwar makes decision in favour of his party
By wielding that old catch-phrase ‘bitter together’ you conveniently forget how many of the ‘no’ voters want to see a strong, vigorous Scotland but without casting off from Britain and throwing away the lines.
Strange how so much of what you spout seems to be motivated by an underlying bitterness all of your own – an irresistible urge to indulge in sour comment and petty back-biting, NCH.
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
So if all the other options were ‘ridiculously expensive’ are we stuck with the status quo?
Or is it, perhaps, that what is ‘ridiculously expensive’ is in fact relatively commonplace in some other European countries?
- MoD still to give ‘definitive answer’ to cause of ‘loud bang’ in Western Isles
The ‘stray’ was apparently a Latvian cargo plane that lost contact over Kent, but what seems to be causing concern is the number of Russian military aircraft, including refuellers, flying around European international airspace without filing flight plans, with no transponders, and maintaining radio silence.
- Forestry Commission says A82 Glen Righ landslips not result of forestry felling
This is a good demonstration of the benefits of forestation – even in places where it can’t provide the full answer.
- Scottish Labour Leadership: the timeline is Murphy’s headache
Not sure about medical terms, but authoritarian might be close to the mark, and it wouldn’t be the first time that justifiable nationalism morphed into something a lot less attractive.
powered by SEO Super Comments