Comment posted Will a (subsidised?) £10k buy SPR calmer waters in Tiree? by Alex McKay.
But then, Malcolm, as I understand it, not everyone on Tiree will be “fighting” SPR in a Court of Law, so if your advice is adopted, those who won’t be doing so can have a larger share!
Alex McKay also commented
- Karl, the 10k is not being offered to all the islanders – “Works out at 12.8pounds for each islander” – but specifically to those who want to gain qualifications, so dividing the sum by the number of islanders is the sort of ungrateful response that I’m sure those hoping to benefit from the money will find particularly unhelpful.
Recent comments by Alex McKay
- The choice: it boils down to indy or the pound
Seems as if Dundee, the city you have praised to the heights many times here, TTT, has let you down by voting Yes and being occupied by such horrible people.
- First Minister absolutely correct in accusing Miliband of fighting the wrong fight
MM, did Russia really need to invade all these countries “to defend itself”: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and probably a few others I’ve forgotten?
- ‘I feel so angry’
TTT, you said “I often wonder why we left Dundee in 2005 and emigrated to Islay as the island is going down the pan.”
You have criticised Islay here on a number of occasions while always extolling the virtues of Dundee. Enquiring minds, happily living in Argyll if not on Islay, wonder why on earth you moved from Dundee to Islay and why on earth you don’t move back!!
- Lancaster aircraft mystery?
Hercules aircraft, often flying in pairs and at low level, are a quite regular sight over Argyll and its islands. There are only two airworthy Lancasters and they are both performing in Lincolnshire at the moment – see BBC news over the last two or three days.
A case of mistaken identity, perhaps coupled with wishful thinking having seen them on the TV the day before yesterday.
- Islands are driving continued increase in overall HIAL air passenger numbers
Like I said, it was completely irrelevant because, as has been explained to you, people living in areas remote from hospitals have to use the most effective transport and this is usually by air, not least because it minimizes the nights that have to be spent away from home. Dundee is (a) not remote and (b) has a large hospital.
And anyway, your real reason for mentioning Dundee is because this is where you come from and, as you have made abundantly clear in other comments here and as you seem to want to keep reminding people, everything is perfect there and totally imperfect in Argyll.
powered by SEO Super Comments