Comment posted on Will a (subsidised?) £10k buy SPR calmer waters in Tiree? by Karl Hughes
Tim. If while SPR are inter’fear’ing with our lives at every level they want to show some community payback…they would do far better to solve some of the problems that already exist on the island…problems that effect us already. 10,000 quid could make a difference to all the kids at the school. They have no intention of spending another dime once they pack-up and move on. 10,000 quid from a company the employs 33,000 people should be less than their weekly paper clip bill. A&Bc is broke, the school is a mess…it is the school that keeps Tiree vibrant my lads are 5 and 11, what use is this cash to there next years at school…bugger all. Please look at the moral behind this not the amount.
Karl Hughes also commented
- Please wake up and smell the coffee. this is 6 quid a year for each person on tiree…a short term hand out of baubles, an insult.it has no lasting value to the community, is transient and vacuous.They have been causing distress for over 2 years…the people of tiree deserve respect. What ever side of the wind farm argument they are on.if this is the first time you have posted on this subjec…i suggest you troll your way back through the posts as interjecting at this point has as much value as the SPR crumbs from the corprate table.
“However objecting to something like this benefits no one, creates unnecessary unpleasantness for all involved, and drowns out legitimate complaints and worries that others may have”…the voice of reason based on a veneer of knowledge of the facts ?…You don’t by the way work for SPR or have a Tiree connection in Balevullin do you ?
“For the sake of everyone who is interested in this project, both for and against, please continue to raise issues where issues lie, but stop your attack on things like this.” This is an issue my friend…check out how these multi nationals work…they all have the same MO. this is the thin end of the wedge.
- A playpark has nothing to do with a playpark..well done.Poor me?
I am sure you would have liked a few hundred extra quid when you was studying…Renewables was it? Fact is we have 90 kids on the island and one playpark away from where most of the kids live…the area in question is Pier View. If you live on Tiree it’s the place where the kids play in the street…it’s also where the young mothers have to push prams and take kids along the busiest road on Tiree…you must have noticed the potholes? no foot path…you must have noticed the way ferry traffic backs up behind them on the way to the shops. Come on they are children.Final fact is Tilley will probably pay for it…community wind not multi-national carpet baggers.
- Who knows ? Webcraft. We will find out soon enough. Even if they had said we will sponsor one pupil each year for the next 10 years it would have shown an act of corprate responsibility…I’m still trying to get over this, frankly, joke. Maybe they know that the array is beat by the environmental aspects/technical aspects/fiscal aspects…seems a very odd gesture.
Laughable really, I have just bought a 16m x 4m extra bit of ground behind one of our houses for 10,000 quid from the duke, and it never made the “who owns scotland” web space
- Works out at 12.8pounds for each islander..thanks SPR you have offered to by a round of drinks…bloody cheek! Shows how much Tiree means to these people. Maybe they would have paid a little more if the Spanish economy wasn’t so bad.
- Not quite true…the kids at the school got a petition together and I asked SPR if they would consider it…it would have been a legacy and have had nothing to do with the long term outcome of the array…whether they stayed or whether they had left…given we have had 2 years of pressure on tiree it would have been a token getrure that would have been totally independent of the proposa, and a thanks for all the hassle this is causing…they could have built it out of left over carbon fiber blades. It would have been built by local builders..Whom ever you are this is a very cheap shot. Another point SPR spout that local jobs will be created by the array…yet they will not state how many 1 so far….local jobs that might keep one or two kids on the island rather than have to move away…fair enough another soggy carrot…renewables training ! come on if the array hopefully does not go ahead and one or two have had training they are going to move away…kind of defeats the object no? If they wanted to do something for the community on a non-bias basis…they could have got the school painted…funded a full time music teacher (ours is to be hopefully funded by Tilley) Music on Tiree is a cultural root that needs support. Wind energy is a “blow in” bulldozer to the Tiree culture.
Recent comments by Karl Hughes
- School closures: Russell commits to centrality of educational benefit – without clarifying the current meaning of the term
Tiree has had a baby boom over the last 5 years…seems the intake in pre-5 is on the up…don’t have exact figures…but certainly the school is sustainable
- DVLA: one example of what demerging means
This is an article on re- processing…not generation ! FYI the Argyll Array estimated cost is 7.6 billion….thats before a milli amp is generated.
And there is Gas plus Englands own wind industrialisation…drive
The fact remains why would the rUK buy from Scotland when they can get it cheaper from across the Channel or their home market….we don’t even have the grid to export…who will pay for that…England, naw…dont think so.
- DVLA: one example of what demerging means
Scotland gets indy from the rest of the United Kingdom….and then outsources governance services across the border or to the EU….we pay more. DVLA and Currency just small ( LMAO ) examples….lets face it we are joined at the hip…the nationalist dream is built on insecurity and greed for the black stuff….what a burach…
When the oil goes…for whatever reason…Salmond thinks we can export electricity to the UK and EU from our swaths of turbines….why would anyone pay for this when they have secure energy in nuke.
The SNP are digging a large black hole that will be populated by quangos and empty promises, and capped by handouts and begging letters….LMAO
- First Minister’s call for ‘grown up politics’ countered by order – from the top
MR RUSSEL ,
Seems to me that the you have not made any point at all…simply squirmed your way into the political vacous speel that you and your ilk always revert to…Simply correct anything you see as subjective….Politics and politicians … your self included seem to have forgot you work for us…the folks who pay your wages…so earn your coffers and put some meat on the NEWSIE post……
- Helicopter unable to transfer patient from Oban Hospital on Thursday evening
And lets thank all junior doctors in Oban and further afield for working long hours for a pittance of reward…the helicopter crews for acting with continuing professionalism…and Tesco’s for their wonderfull prime pork sausages…..
Suggest MM reads the following before he blows a gasket.
powered by SEO Super Comments