Comment posted on Will a (subsidised?) £10k buy SPR calmer waters in Tiree? by Karl Hughes
Not quite true…the kids at the school got a petition together and I asked SPR if they would consider it…it would have been a legacy and have had nothing to do with the long term outcome of the array…whether they stayed or whether they had left…given we have had 2 years of pressure on tiree it would have been a token getrure that would have been totally independent of the proposa, and a thanks for all the hassle this is causing…they could have built it out of left over carbon fiber blades. It would have been built by local builders..Whom ever you are this is a very cheap shot. Another point SPR spout that local jobs will be created by the array…yet they will not state how many 1 so far….local jobs that might keep one or two kids on the island rather than have to move away…fair enough another soggy carrot…renewables training ! come on if the array hopefully does not go ahead and one or two have had training they are going to move away…kind of defeats the object no? If they wanted to do something for the community on a non-bias basis…they could have got the school painted…funded a full time music teacher (ours is to be hopefully funded by Tilley) Music on Tiree is a cultural root that needs support. Wind energy is a “blow in” bulldozer to the Tiree culture.
Karl Hughes also commented
- Please wake up and smell the coffee. this is 6 quid a year for each person on tiree…a short term hand out of baubles, an insult.it has no lasting value to the community, is transient and vacuous.They have been causing distress for over 2 years…the people of tiree deserve respect. What ever side of the wind farm argument they are on.if this is the first time you have posted on this subjec…i suggest you troll your way back through the posts as interjecting at this point has as much value as the SPR crumbs from the corprate table.
“However objecting to something like this benefits no one, creates unnecessary unpleasantness for all involved, and drowns out legitimate complaints and worries that others may have”…the voice of reason based on a veneer of knowledge of the facts ?…You don’t by the way work for SPR or have a Tiree connection in Balevullin do you ?
“For the sake of everyone who is interested in this project, both for and against, please continue to raise issues where issues lie, but stop your attack on things like this.” This is an issue my friend…check out how these multi nationals work…they all have the same MO. this is the thin end of the wedge.
- Tim. If while SPR are inter’fear’ing with our lives at every level they want to show some community payback…they would do far better to solve some of the problems that already exist on the island…problems that effect us already. 10,000 quid could make a difference to all the kids at the school. They have no intention of spending another dime once they pack-up and move on. 10,000 quid from a company the employs 33,000 people should be less than their weekly paper clip bill. A&Bc is broke, the school is a mess…it is the school that keeps Tiree vibrant my lads are 5 and 11, what use is this cash to there next years at school…bugger all. Please look at the moral behind this not the amount.
A playpark has nothing to do with a playpark..well done.Poor me?
I am sure you would have liked a few hundred extra quid when you was studying…Renewables was it? Fact is we have 90 kids on the island and one playpark away from where most of the kids live…the area in question is Pier View. If you live on Tiree it’s the place where the kids play in the street…it’s also where the young mothers have to push prams and take kids along the busiest road on Tiree…you must have noticed the potholes? no foot path…you must have noticed the way ferry traffic backs up behind them on the way to the shops. Come on they are children.Final fact is Tilley will probably pay for it…community wind not multi-national carpet baggers.
- Who knows ? Webcraft. We will find out soon enough. Even if they had said we will sponsor one pupil each year for the next 10 years it would have shown an act of corprate responsibility…I’m still trying to get over this, frankly, joke. Maybe they know that the array is beat by the environmental aspects/technical aspects/fiscal aspects…seems a very odd gesture.
Laughable really, I have just bought a 16m x 4m extra bit of ground behind one of our houses for 10,000 quid from the duke, and it never made the “who owns scotland” web space 🙂
- Works out at 12.8pounds for each islander..thanks SPR you have offered to by a round of drinks…bloody cheek! Shows how much Tiree means to these people. Maybe they would have paid a little more if the Spanish economy wasn’t so bad.
Recent comments by Karl Hughes
- Sturgeon in cloud cuckoo land in call for return to ‘everyday concerns’
So Keitho… as promised I visited Tobe, to check that rock out that you hide under, and get that pint off you and your cybernat buddies…seems quite a few folk know you as being all wind and no content…. SNP suits you well.lol… poped in your “frequented” boozer… lol… you really do live the dream don’t you.
- Electoral Court to hear Carmichael case on 9th November
To all of those who have bought into the SNP’s poor governance:
- First meeting of Scotland’s Refugee Task Force
Iraq ? more problems ? I don’t think its in any doubt that this part of the world will have more problems…
I accept that there would be no assistance from the UK govnt… it takes a bit of soul searching to come to places like this … something I would not expect your ilk to understand….somebody needs to come here…and some of us were asked to come here by Iraq.
You individuals are part of the problem NC/K… you can never be expected to be part of the solution… you simply do not have the necessary skills or life experience.
- Cameron to make the worst possible decision on refugees
Jazz, you and your policies are in fact condemning more innocent and desperate people to death.
Merkels economic based decision is condemning more “migrants and “refugees” to abuse and death while seeking to travel to the EU.
Taking “real” desperate cases into our countries can alleviate some of the hardship these people are going through ( Families/Old/Young) solving these issues at source is the only realistic humanitarian option that makes sense… multiplying the aid given to the UN camps, vetting at these camps for the most needy cases… these camps are safe Jazz, have you ever visited a refugees camp ??? I have, many.
The countries dealing with the Middle Eastern strife and at breaking point are Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon these should be the benefactors of much needed foreign aid… and that is what we are providing and plan to provide more of, not only tents and clothes…but also teachers and doctors… the refugees in these camps are with people of the same ethnic and cultural background…and that helps these people with some semblance of normality until the issues raised by IS are resolved…
To answer your initial question as to if I “sleep at night” yes I do… 3 or 4 years ago when the local Shia and Sunni where knocking shit out of each other I did not sleep so well… but Basrah is now a dammed sight more peaceful than then, safe even… the economy is growing and the infrastructure is coming back online… there are no starving or suffering people here now… yet daily young guys, the educated and professional folk are packing up and moving with the exodus north towards Europe… this has implications for us at home, but also massive implications for Iraq… its is causing a national brain drain … a drain on Iraqi national resources that is filled by foreign workers like myself.
And now because a photo of one of the thousands of dead children has hit home at your previous head in the sand mentality, the left… narcissistic, “I” really care factions are stuffing these people …you feel en mass that you have to be seen to “care”… if you cared you would not be asking these people to risk all in some sort of EU green card lotto death walk…. Wake up and open you dammed eyes.
- Cameron to make the worst possible decision on refugees
So what do you suggest Mr Jazz ?
Do we take the refugees or do we take the economic migrants ? or both ? hows about some thought out comments from you ….
Merkel has put all of the exodus parties in the same pot, lessening the available support for the refugees from war and giving more to the migrants from poverty…. at some point we have to make choices as to who we can help,….oh and if you have not noticed Germany and Austria have now too shut their borders…
There is nothing nationalist or racist about what I have posted… realist yes.
Far from saving peoples lives…Merkel has sentenced more people to death in the Med and crossing the Sahara.
Maybe you would like to contribute to the solution to all of this hardship Jazz…maybe you have some thoughts of your own……then again, maybe you do not.
powered by SEO Super Comments