Comment posted Hilarious case of wind business dollar chasers threatening law over cut subsidies by Lowry.
…and the energy that you use may well come from nuclear.
Lowry also commented
- What I meant was that whilst it may be very laudible to sign up to ‘green’ energy providers (which I believe they are not) what is received through the grid comes mainly from other sources. It is very unlikely that the Scottish Gvt. will achieve its target for renewables and highly likely that, even if it does, it will be dependent on imported electricity from nuclear power at times when renewables fail.
- OK – so can someone please explain:
I pay extra on my electricity bill, directly to my provider, to help subsidise renewables.
Mr A who has PV panels on his roof gets so much per annum from FITs.
Edward Davey, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change has stated:
“We found that the uptake of solar pv an FITs generally for microgeneration was much greater last year than aynone had expected – it was ginormous and was busting the budget dramatically, so urgent action had to be taken…”
Are you saying that the extra I pay on my bill is not connected to FITs? Some on this site have said that FITs and the government are not connected. I beg to differ.
- I have also been amused by some bloggers on this site who believe that energy consumers are only paying towards the subsidies directly through their bills to the energy suppliers and therefore it has nothing to do with the Westminster Government. We are also paying for the subsidies through our taxes as this recent development shows. The cost to consumers is very much under the control of Westminster.
Recent comments by Lowry
- When is Argyll and Bute going to publish its mini-count breakdown of the indy referendum vote here?
And how would the SNP know?
- Brown visit to see ground investigations start for new stage of A82 works
I believe their hand was forced, Robert, due to the increasing number and frequency of landslides. It has taken this administration some considerable amount of time to recognise the disastrous situation for all affected businesses and residents.
- Pointless Labour strategy as Westminster seats come under SNP and UKIP eyes
- Oban Lifeboat on shout to yacht with engine trouble
Helecopter circling over what appeared to be Oben area, for some time this evening. Does anyone know why?
- Salmond to attempt to swim back to Westminster?
Ambassador of what? He’s the laughing stock of Scotland and the rest of the world doesn’t take him seriously either, what with his tartan trews and friendship with Trump.
powered by SEO Super Comments