Comment posted What’s a fibreoptic cable doing lying on a beach anyway? by newsroom.
This is a useful picture in terms of accessibility – but the cable was still lying on the beach. That has to be mmethod is wildly disproportionate to the value of the infrastructure and the business and personal services it supports.
newsroom also commented
- The visual evidence of the television footage – with the camera resting on the image of the cut section and the rest of the cable – showed a long continuation of the cable lying on the surface of the beach and vanishing into the tide, with absolutely no trace of its having been dug up anywhere along that length. There was, for example, no visible disturbance to the seaweed, which is easy to spot. I paid particular attention to what was shown – LOOKING for something suggesting it had been dug up. There was nothing, and the reporter’s commentary made no reference to digging up or uncovering the cable in any way.
Recent comments by newsroom
- Tarbert VIllage Hall now a conference venue
This is sad news.
- Tobermory Lifeboat: 17 hour shout in 180 mile rescue of cargo boat drifting south of Tiree
It is indeed only a matter of time.
- South Africa legal system in operation in Pistorius trial
Michael Mansfield is a class act – but what may look to the old world like the clumsiness of the new one in the Nel cross-examination, has been a quite stunning mastery of analysis, detail, strategy and courtcraft.
- Argyll and the Isles Tourism follows up on Expo
This is the sort of news we need to hear. Well done all round.
- Patricia Ferguson asks about those evacuated during Red Road Flats blow-down for Games ceremony
What part of Scotland will not be affected by the Commonwealth Games – by the glory and the cost?
powered by SEO Super Comments