Comment posted Council issues prompt response on Martha Payne’s NeverSeconds clampdown by Robert Wakeham.
You seem very keen to see the school lunches as a scandal, and our council in the worst light. You might be assuming too much; Martha’e photos of the lunches are by no means all bad (except in the Daily Mail’s initial selection for headline news) and our council is new and seemingly determined to be more open and honest than the previous lot. Perhaps the Tayside Courier is itself chasing sensationalism too hard – time will tell.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- ‘reasoned debate’ – and you talk about ‘cheap stunts’, Prof, but won’t elaborate?
- It’s the ‘cheap stunt’ remark that I’d like you to clarify, but you’re clearly a busy man. Hope the imbibing doesn’t colour your opinions too much.
- Easy to assume someone of British professorial standing, but across the pond (and maybe elsewhere) it seems that the term is used as loosely as the description ‘city’.
- So tell us how you know that ‘he was told to do that’, that the the SNP spin machine was responsible for the wording. Tell us what you consider to have been a ‘cheap stunt’, and why. No axe to grind? – come off it, IanFraser
- Without trying to ‘whitewash’ the new council, it doesn’t look to me as if Roddy McCuish did fail his ‘baptism of fire’ – given his very recent ascendancy to the council leadership, his inheritance of both a damaged public relations office and some senior staff who might have been far too cosy with the ‘old guard’, and the fact that the affair blew up in his face just before the weekend. I think that this coming week might be a bigger test of the whole administration, albeit less in the public eye.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Professor James Hunter on land reform in Scotland
All of you – are you sure?
- Fred Flintstone owns up to stone age politics
If it did indeed cost £1.4 million to uncover the facts, I’d like to know the breakdown – who got paid what, and for how much work?
- QM2 moored off Oban
Quite a lot of them seem to be the same person.
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
powered by SEO Super Comments