Comment posted A83 closed in both directions by Robert Wakeham.
I’m surprised that the disruption and extended journey times don’t seem to be flagged on the West Coast Motors and Scottish Citylink websites, and it would be very useful to have an emergency timetable for the route south from Inveraray to Campbeltown (and from Tarbet to Glasgow?) to avoid passengers having to stand at bus stops in foul weather for goodness knows how long. Any chance of this, Citylink / West Coast?
I know that traffic gets glued up on the A82 diversion route between Tarbet and Ardlui due to the very substandard road, but even so it must be possible to predict the ‘earliest delayed timings’, surely?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Now open again, apparently.
- One advantage of a fixed link would be that any government would find it difficult to charge tolls when all other bridge and tunnel tolls have been abolished.
- Careful, Jim – you’ll enrage ‘ferryman’.
- Scottish Citylink’s response to why the ‘Service Updates’ section on their website doesn’t mention the disruption caused by the A83 closure is to say that they think the road might reopen soon. In this weather, I somehow doubt that.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Professor James Hunter on land reform in Scotland
All of you – are you sure?
- Fred Flintstone owns up to stone age politics
If it did indeed cost £1.4 million to uncover the facts, I’d like to know the breakdown – who got paid what, and for how much work?
- QM2 moored off Oban
Quite a lot of them seem to be the same person.
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
powered by SEO Super Comments