Comment posted Oban Bay Marine’s long haul on transit marina for Oban wins out by linnhe.
Recent comments by linnhe
- Campbell Cameron: The Lorn Vintage Ploughing Match
Not in All Argyll.. plenty of the younguns interested but we have a lot of work to do to make the job work better… feeding ourselves would be a good idea.
- Forth gone, Clyde on way out but Coastguard closures not meant to happen until 2015
Norway coastguard have very different powers over people and vessels. It is a part of the military, with many responsibilities, not just a search and rescue service.
They have used state of the art technology and communications for decades.
They have their own vessels.
- MCA pinning Coastguard Station closures on ‘banking’ local knowledge
The MCA threw away “local knowledge” when they closed Oban station.. all the promised liaison and local visits every year never happened.
Clyde officers were never interested in coming to Oban, in learning Argyll’s coast, they did not participate in the pre-closure training. A couple of Oban SAR officers went there, but that was barely enough to explain a few crucial names.
The Chief Coastguard then later admitted his mistake in closing Oban, but actually few serious incidents have actually happened as a result.
Anyone who listens in to radio traffic can only cringe at the discourse.. but as long as folks are saved, there really is little arguement.
Belfast has always been well involved in the Argyll maritime community, probably a lot more than Clyde ever was before.
- Shores of Loch Long a dangerous and filthy mess with wild camping: no action from Council or National Park
Loch Etive is the same.
- Overnight closures for Connel Bridge for repairs to damage caused by high truck
there are warning signs linked to a lazer beam – to the south and the north.
powered by SEO Super Comments