Comment posted Fife Council joins Aberdeenshire in asking for suspension of wind farm applications by Jim B.
I was begining to think this was a private club, but to answer the Docs question about the elephant in the room………..
First a bit of chemistry.
Carbondioxide is a stable compound, agreed ?
If I remember my atomic weights correctly, carbon is 14 and oxygen 16. This means that every tonne of carbon that is burned requires 32 tonnes of oxygen to make 46 tonnes of carbondioxide. Thus gradually reducing the oxygen content of the atmosphere. This effect is small at present but will accelerate I am sure.
Jim B also commented
- Apologies for the arithmetical error.
If nothing else it suggests that continuing to burn fossil fuels is a No No whether climate change is related to increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or not.
- You guys have been gumming this subject to death for months and yet not one of you seems to have noticed the small elephant standing quietly in the corner of the fossil fuels room!
Recent comments by Jim B
- Conservatives suggest new network of recovery centres to treat drunks outwith overpressed A&E
What price personal responsibility? I see no mention of it anywhere.
I am also reminded of the phrase, “Self afflicted injuries should not be complained of”.
Why is it socially acceptable to get absolutely paralytic on a regular basis?
- SNP candidate for Argyll & Bute in major own goal?
I read most of the above article before giving up. How can you hold that up as an example of journalism? It is so slanted that it is nearly vertical.
- Audit Scotland now conducting third consecutive investigation of Argyll & Bute Council
I agree with Malcolm, the whole situation with that development is ridiculous and should not have been permitted.
The whole issue of Planning Consent and Building Control in A&B appears to be at best inconsistent in its application. As evidence for this I give you the Council’s list of planning applications as linked weekly on here.
In some areas you need permission to reslate your roof, while in others you seem to be free to do what you want. Cowal being one of the latter. What do the planners in Dunoon do with their time, there are so few applications?
Yes I am aware that Conservation areas exist and that they involve tight planning conditions,but this does not explain the lack of applications in Cowal.
- Rothesay ferry: CMAL postpones closure of pier at Wemyss Bay
“Scotland really has to get rid of all these subsidised ferries and ferry terminals.”
At both Gourock and Dunoon there are waiting rooms and toilets. What does private enterprise provide for its customers ? Yes a bus shelter at both terminals and no toilets. This from an immensely profitable ferry company.
Mind you I blame A&B and Inverclyde councils too they I am sure could have insisted on toilets as a condition of planning consent.
- Castle Toward campaigners take note: Argyll & Bute Council is ‘working to support the ambitions of communities’
“Ah! and But Council” – I like it. Maybe we should adopt this name on a permanent basis!
powered by SEO Super Comments