It is certainly very interesting to hear what …

Comment posted Major success for Argyll and Bute Council education staff and for Kilmodan school by neil macintyre.

I would love to hear from the teachers and support staff on the closure story now that they are allowed a voice without
the threat of disciplne.Or have all the bosses seen the light.Still a lot of money being paid to the QIO,s or is this new title a change or additional staff?
I would hope that the education department and Carol Walker,s so called leadership will be examined very quickly by the new council along with giving us the answers to spygate and Jo Smith.Is she still sitting at home being paid to get a sun tan.

neil macintyre also commented

• Surely after the chaos of the rural schools proposed closures the points made by Integrity and Crazy in response to this story would be a great place to start for our new councillors The investigation into duplication of responsibility across the whole spectrum of council departments will surely follow.Jobs can be created and services improved if someone has the sense and guts to do it.

Recent comments by neil macintyre

• Voting and political analysis of Ward 5 by-election results
    It’s time to put your feet up Kieron and enjoy what’s left of your holidays. Your time will come as the rest of us old yins disappear and hopefully with you putting yourself forward it will encourage other young people from the area to stand.
    Also thank you again for all your help and organisational expertise on my campaign we would not of been successful without it.
    Congratulations to John there will be plenty of people looking for a lift in your car now.
    Cheers Neil.
  • SNP in serious split in Oban North & Lorn by election
    For Lowry and other interested parties my IT equipment should be installed this week by the council but everyone was free to contact me on my own e-mail if they needed to.
    Cheers Neil.
  • SNP in serious split in Oban North & Lorn by election
    Sokay you are going to need to take your shoes and socks off soon to keep up with all the names.
    Still gives us a bit of fun between games.
    I have had a fair number of people contacting me so posting my phone and e-mail details has helped.
    No contact from the hidden warriors yet but that’s not a surprise.
    Very interesting chat with Marri about her reasons behind her standing in the by-election in Oban North and the Isles on the Independent ticket. Her story was brilliant but not a surprise.
    Cheers Neil.
  • SNP in serious split in Oban North & Lorn by election
    Could someone explain to me how Ronnie Arnott,s comments are the same as Craig Henderson,s am I dealing with a multiple personality or is it just my very basic internet skills which are not up to scratch.
    Never mind my details are there whichever one of you wants to get in touch.
    Cheers Neil.
  • SNP in serious split in Oban North & Lorn by election
    For Mr Arnott.
    My phone details are 01631 566494
    E-mail neilmacintyre28@yahoo.co.uk
    Just give me a shout and I will gladly meet you and answer your questions
    Cheers Neil.

16 Responses to It is certainly very interesting to hear what …

1. Yet another success for a school the previous administration, and in particular Cllr Marshall’s criteria, would have us believe is failing.

A little encouragement and a little support and our rural schools can, and do, demonstrate quite how effective they are and quite how well they deliver education.

2. So, is this Aileen Goodall one of these much maligned immprovement officers we keep hearing newsie and FA rubbishing??

Mmm??

• We could do chapter and verse on QIOs in general and in particular but it seems thrawn to do that right at the moment because our hope is that things will improve under new political guidance.

ARSN was always aware that QIOs follow instructions from their employer and indeed it was obvious that some were uncomfortable with the roles they had during the closure consultations, not least the dreadful scripts they had to read from (Vygotsky indeed!).

Now that there’s a new administration, we hope to see more of the kind of work Aileen Goodall is doing. Given all the negative tensions involved in the closure debacle, I’m sure it’s what our QIOs would rather be doing.

• Just checked our time logs. We posted the update at 08.23 and Simon’s comment to which Barmore 2 refers was posted at 09.09.
          Apologies.
          I had done this time log check myself and had not noticed the days, only the hours.
          Simon posted his comment on 3rd June at 9.09pm.
          Our update to the article was on 4th June at 08.23am.
          Lynda

3. It is certainly very interesting to hear what has been happening in Kilmodan.Has this been successful in the other schools across Argyll?

• Well said Barmore 2. Kilmodan deserve our congratulations, as do all the wee schools who keep clocking up one prize or another for doing really special and wonderful work.

I reckon Argyll & Bute always had the best chance of implementing the Curriculum for Excellence because the wee schools already had to operate that way to an extent and the teachers really know how to make it work. Let’s hope they’re allowed to flourish now so the kids, and their communities, can move forward with security and confidence.

4. Yes – well done to EDOs, so why shouldnt all the QIOs become EDOs?
    And I hope that Neil McIntyre gets the answers to his questions quickly – I cant think of a good reason why he shouldnt.

5. Regarding the update which reads ‘Auileen Goodall is an Educational Development Officer – not a Quality Improvement Officer. This keeps the pressure on the question of just what the very many QIOs at Argyll and Bute council actually do and whether that is worth what it costs us’

This is an important point of discussion. It would be interesting to know what are the remits of both roles and how much overlap is there. Based purely on title (which can obviously be misleading) they certainly appear to be roles which must have a lot of similar responsibilities. Are we getitng value for money from these two roles?

• I think the best people to enquire this with would be Head Teachers across Argyll & Bute and perhaps ask them to list the areas they have received help or have found QIOs and QIMs to actually have been a benefit to them.

I already know the thoughts of one area – so I would expect much silence to follow such a request.

6. Surely after the chaos of the rural schools proposed closures the points made by Integrity and Crazy in response to this story would be a great place to start for our new councillors The investigation into duplication of responsibility across the whole spectrum of council departments will surely follow.Jobs can be created and services improved if someone has the sense and guts to do it.

7. I expect the new Lead Councillor on Education, who knows his area of reponsibilty , possibly better than his appointed staff, to lay down the law to his staff as to policies and guidance. The days of paid staff laying down policy, and failing to give correct information to the elected members and the Council as a whole, are over. One such occurrence such as we have seen in the last few years will lead, I hope, not to resignations and “settlements” but to termination with no recompence. The first real test will probably come in the next 2 weeks with the report on Spygate and the dealing with the culprits in that affair.