Comment posted It’s goodbye from Martha as Council switches off her dinnercam by Robert Wakeham.
Now the story’s reached the BBC News Scotland website, so it’s very much up to the councillors to show what they’re made of.
‘Omerta’ isn’t an option.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Now it’s on the BBC R4 ten o’clock national headlines.
- If you try and party politicise this, Ife, all you’ll do is stir up a swarm of party paranoids and really fog up the real issue. The suspicion that you yourself are a product of Argyll’s educational system is really quite worrying.
- Having just heard the BBC R4 Today item (at about 7.20 – 7.25) on Martha’s ‘termination’ it’s now imperative for the councillor responsible for education to ‘come clean’ and try and rescue the situation – for all those people who voted for a cleaner council, if for no-one else. Any notion of supporting senior officers would be utterly misguided.
- If the decision was taken by councillors, I wonder if this was as the result of ‘expert’ advice from senior council staff? If so, the councillors should be transparent about their decision making process, and justify their decision.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- More ‘productive’ discussions with UK government ministers for Western and Northern Isles
Actually, Sokay, the Nazi invasion never took place in the 1940s, either; where d’you think we’d be today if it had?
- Today’s travel updates
The A83 is apparently being closed overnight sometime soon at Kilmory, outside Lochgilphead, for resurfacing (yet again) the stretch with inadequate sub-base at Red Lodge, but the Traffic Scotland website indicates convoy working on the night of 22nd – 23rd April, between Lochgair and Lochgilphead, at Brackley, West Lochgilphead, for a high friction surface to be applied.
At least some of this information is computer generated nonsense – but how much?
- 50th anniversary of first west coast car ferry – from LOLOs to ROROs and DODOs
Wouldn’t the young Finlaggan be strong competition in the ‘plushness’ stakes?
- Problems with both pro-indy and pro-union campaigns
I think you’re insulting Anne Baird.
- Cumberland Avenue Helensburgh 8.30am this morning – in go council contractors under police escort
Good news – but it’s unthinkable that the council won’t recover its costs (in full, including existing and future legal costs) from the ‘developers’.
powered by SEO Super Comments