Comment posted Fife Council joins Aberdeenshire in asking for suspension of wind farm applications by Robert Wakeham.
Wouldn’t it be great if all the flare stacks in the world could be harnessed to do something useful – I wonder how much CO2 could be saved and energy generated.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Doc: I’ve been wondering whether Malcolm should be invoiced for the time it takes to educate him about matters that most people seem to be able to comprehend fairly easily, but there seems to be an element of wilful misinformation driven by some fairly strong prejudices. And as – when challenged on these – Malcolm gets a bit shirty I suppose it’s best to leave well alone, and just hope that some of the reasoned argument does eventually sink in.
- Malcolm: You need to get out more, but these days the internet affords you the opportunity of finding out for yourself how tunnels have, in other parts of the world, provided an all-weather answer to the Dunoon-Gourock type of problem.
- If superconnectors can help even out the supply from intermittent renewable power sources all to the well and good.
- Malcolm – ‘Renewables will always need 100% backup from power stations’ – rather a misleading claim, given that the variability of the ever increasing amount of electricity from wind power makes the development of mass energy storage ever more pressing.
The Cruachan and Foyers pumped storage stations are just a ‘drop in the ocean’ compared with what’s needed, but I bet there’ll be other ‘green’ techniques developed in the reasonably near future – hydrogen generation seems to be a frequently mooted idea – and your claim surely has less credibility in relation to tidestream and hydro power.
- Some of us would like to get back to the ‘real and highly important subject’ before you discover General Franco as the answer to practically everything, Malcolm.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- New flybe strategy clear – Edinburgh and Inverness to benefit
My only experience of London City was unfortunate, when I thought I’d be clever by connecting out of Schipol into London City (much nearer my destination) rather than Heathrow. However, it took a four hour wait at Schipol for Thames estuary fog to clear, whereas none of the other London airports was affected. Makes me wonder whether Boris’s scheme for a new mega airport on the Thames estuary is more than a little bonkers.
- Indy and the Monarchy
If the view isn’t blocked by Chinese container trains.
- Indy and the Monarchy
Recognition at last.
- Indy vote trumps dropping of corroborative evidence – for a year
‘…with a face like a bulldog….’ – an unfortunate description, given that everyone knows that bulldogs are British, whereas MacAskill is presumably convinced that he’s not British.
- McGrigor says assumptions on EU membership are insecure
I thought Salmond had crossed the frontier to foment revolt among the border people down in Carlisle. The English should beware of little green men in kilts.
powered by SEO Super Comments