Comment posted Parish pump politics pursue Bute FM by Iain D.
Perhaps with both a Facebook page and a website, any one of whoever is actually on the committee of Radio Bute have ample means of expressing their opinion on the matter, rather than relying on self-appointed community spokespersons.
Iain D also commented
- I think Angela Haggerty has just demonstrated wonderfully the art of hypocrisy.
- I think we can let the readers of For Argyll decide who has shown hostility to whom and when.
- Thanks for not answering the question. I’d expect nothing less from you. And, as for creating needless drama, a little bit of pot, kettle, etc.
Perfectly happy to answer your question though. Nice to actually be asked something rather than responding to lies, rumour and innuendo.
The underhand and devious way in which more than one member of Radio Bute has gone about approaching current Bute FM volunteers is reprehensible. To now see that Radio Bute’s first Station Manager is deflecting this onto current Bute FM volunteers is doubly so.
In the past Bute FM volunteers have volunteered with other stations – and some still do – but these have never been internet radio stations set-up by disgruntled former Bute FM directors.
- Very interesting. Volunteers have always been able to do with their time what they want and often do. But I have just one question:
Is that a categorical assertion that no current Bute FM volunteers were asked by anyone from Radio Bute to present a show on Radio Bute but that they volunteered their time?
Recent comments by Iain D
- Ofcom finds Bute FM in breach of its Licence Conditions
Thank you phill.
- Depressing news from The Buteman – and a challenge
“Who does know it all at the start of any enterprise?”.
“[Where is] the drive to help?”
Two very good questions. Which is precisely why someone should have the testicular fortitude to ask the difficult questions:
* How do we know it’ll be viable?
* Where’s the money going to come from?
* Does the land need to be purchased at all?
Or to raise points like:
* It’ll be hard work.
* It could be flattened one night by a big gale.
* You can buy good quality wood pulp from Sweden and Russia for less than we can produce it.
You can only overcome this through discussion and debate, not diatribe!
powered by SEO Super Comments