Comment posted A83 closed in both directions by Robert Wakeham.
I’m surprised that the disruption and extended journey times don’t seem to be flagged on the West Coast Motors and Scottish Citylink websites, and it would be very useful to have an emergency timetable for the route south from Inveraray to Campbeltown (and from Tarbet to Glasgow?) to avoid passengers having to stand at bus stops in foul weather for goodness knows how long. Any chance of this, Citylink / West Coast?
I know that traffic gets glued up on the A82 diversion route between Tarbet and Ardlui due to the very substandard road, but even so it must be possible to predict the ‘earliest delayed timings’, surely?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Now open again, apparently.
- One advantage of a fixed link would be that any government would find it difficult to charge tolls when all other bridge and tunnel tolls have been abolished.
- Careful, Jim – you’ll enrage ‘ferryman’.
- Scottish Citylink’s response to why the ‘Service Updates’ section on their website doesn’t mention the disruption caused by the A83 closure is to say that they think the road might reopen soon. In this weather, I somehow doubt that.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- New flybe strategy clear – Edinburgh and Inverness to benefit
My only experience of London City was unfortunate, when I thought I’d be clever by connecting out of Schipol into London City (much nearer my destination) rather than Heathrow. However, it took a four hour wait at Schipol for Thames estuary fog to clear, whereas none of the other London airports was affected. Makes me wonder whether Boris’s scheme for a new mega airport on the Thames estuary is more than a little bonkers.
- Indy and the Monarchy
If the view isn’t blocked by Chinese container trains.
- Indy and the Monarchy
Recognition at last.
- Indy vote trumps dropping of corroborative evidence – for a year
‘…with a face like a bulldog….’ – an unfortunate description, given that everyone knows that bulldogs are British, whereas MacAskill is presumably convinced that he’s not British.
- McGrigor says assumptions on EU membership are insecure
I thought Salmond had crossed the frontier to foment revolt among the border people down in Carlisle. The English should beware of little green men in kilts.
powered by SEO Super Comments