Comment posted Fife Council joins Aberdeenshire in asking for suspension of wind farm applications by Lowry.
Well, I’m in no position to decide that, but at least I could be relatively sure that the energy will be consistant and there when I need it.
Lowry also commented
- I have been to many communities near nuclear energy plants and was surprised to find that locals tended towards favouring their presence. This was because of the provision of employment as well as support for local businesses, schools etc. MIMBYism is not great. I don’t believe there is such support for windfarms.
- Whilst wind and nuclear energies may both require subsidising in some form or another, which one works best and which one can’t we do without?
Recent comments by Lowry
- The independence campaign: personal gains and loss
Alex Salmond did not want the Scottish people to know about the situation of the banks,i.e. those that are having to consider moving offices to England for security.
He wants such information kept secret from the people of Scotland. Such evidence, along with that previously exposed, suggests to me that independence, under the SNP, will not lead to a democracy.
- Indy: NetNames raises issue of domain names
All the phone numbers will have to change too. We will need a country dialling code for folk to dial into Scotland. Much more expensive for family and friends calling us and visa versa.
- Argyll and Bute Council: Gold for woodentoppery
The question is: Will anything change in an independent Scotland? Will our council’s performance improve or will even less funding make things worse?
- Why might major businesses move out and what would it mean for Scotland?
Prices are likely to get more expensive in Iceland stores as they will follow all other similar retailers.
- FT reports on ongoing capital flight from Scotland and Telegraph reports on Credit Suisse warning of ‘grave deflationary shock’
Just heard that RBS are planning to move south too. I hope the Yes supporters are proud of themselves for forcing such Scottish institutions to relocate from a country they have proudly served for such 100s of years.
Some Scots just don’t care.
powered by SEO Super Comments