Comment posted Fife Council joins Aberdeenshire in asking for suspension of wind farm applications by Lowry.
Well, I’m in no position to decide that, but at least I could be relatively sure that the energy will be consistant and there when I need it.
Lowry also commented
- I have been to many communities near nuclear energy plants and was surprised to find that locals tended towards favouring their presence. This was because of the provision of employment as well as support for local businesses, schools etc. MIMBYism is not great. I don’t believe there is such support for windfarms.
- Whilst wind and nuclear energies may both require subsidising in some form or another, which one works best and which one can’t we do without?
Recent comments by Lowry
- Breslin’s last stand for Castle Toward
- Syriza, one seat short of overall majority, now talisman for the Scot Nats
The independence referendum was just that: a Yes/ No referendum where the decision was made on 50% + 1 of the vote.
The Greek election was a general election and I see that Syriza won the election by gaining only 36.5% of the vote. Therefore the majority of voters did not vote for the party yet it will be running the country for a while, a least.
There can be no comparison to Scotland as the majority of voters here clearly decided to stick with the austerity measures being shared across the UK.
On the other hand, if there is any comparison to be made, it may be more interesting to examine why Greece wishes to leave Europe yet the SNP were determined to join it – including the Euro. By basing the Scottish economy on tax revenues from oil, would joining the euro have caused even more financial instability?
- Rally for Castle Toward – still a road to travel
What else could we expect? This is becoming more like two gangs of kids in a school playground than any serious discussion concerning a council asset.
- Powerful video argument by Save Scottish Seas campaign
In my opinion, it’s a campaign well worth supporting but in reality how likely is it that the SNP gvt. will listen?
- Help SNH develop future management plan for spectacular Taynish National Nature Reserve
The link to the reserve doesn’t appear to be working, so, I hope this one works and that it brings a smile to everyone who watches it, as it did for me:
powered by SEO Super Comments