Comment posted Jackie Baillie MSP calls on SPT to ‘get a grip’ on Kilcreggan ferry situation by Robert Wakeham.
‘There is a government policy that SPT must provide services to the community’ – it’s not that long ago that some of the SPT leadership seemed more focused on providing services to themselves, and can anyone tell me whether there’s been a thorough cleanout of this authority? Is it now fit for purpose, and capable of rising to the challenge of doing more than just ‘managing’ the decline of a potentially very valuable ferry system?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- And if there’s a risk of a mooring rope violently parting (as reported above), and you’re anywhere near it, you could literally lose your head.
- How on earth can three people ‘dislike’ this account of what happened – do they think it’s untrue?
- Jackie Baillie MSP is a well regarded and canny politician, but is her plea for the SPT to ‘get a grip’ realistic, or should it be a plea to the Holyrood government to face up to the need to get a very firm (and reforming) grip on SPT itself?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Operations Director alleged to have materially misled Community Health Partnership on legal challenge to ADP contract
‘more than meets the eye’ – care to elaborate, Mike?
- Jack Straw and Malcolm Rifkind caught offering to sell influence for cash
I wonder how much scope there is for reducing corruption – which you say is pervasive at every level – by making the finances, and connections, of elected politicians more transparent. Private Eye has a field day with digging up the shenanigans of these folk, and – using your hypothetical case of the land owner, the planning committee chairman, and his wife – I wonder if there are fifty shades of transparency, and scope for getting a lot more transparent?
- Brian Wilson on Clyde and Hebridean Ferry Services tender
It doesn’t – lots of people have done things in the past that they came to regret, but most don’t admit to them.
- New Savills research predicts [with caveats] Scotland’s residential market to outperform rest of UK this year
Don’t you mean Aberdeen?
- Russell offers to meet Council administration to discuss Castle Toward
I think that Simon’s on a mission – defend the council, come what may.
powered by SEO Super Comments