Comment posted Fife Council joins Aberdeenshire in asking for suspension of wind farm applications by Robert Wakeham.
Karl – you get plenty of info just by googling ‘Islay tidal energy’ and ‘Orkney tidal energy’
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Doc: I’ve been wondering whether Malcolm should be invoiced for the time it takes to educate him about matters that most people seem to be able to comprehend fairly easily, but there seems to be an element of wilful misinformation driven by some fairly strong prejudices. And as – when challenged on these – Malcolm gets a bit shirty I suppose it’s best to leave well alone, and just hope that some of the reasoned argument does eventually sink in.
- Malcolm: You need to get out more, but these days the internet affords you the opportunity of finding out for yourself how tunnels have, in other parts of the world, provided an all-weather answer to the Dunoon-Gourock type of problem.
- If superconnectors can help even out the supply from intermittent renewable power sources all to the well and good.
- Malcolm – ‘Renewables will always need 100% backup from power stations’ – rather a misleading claim, given that the variability of the ever increasing amount of electricity from wind power makes the development of mass energy storage ever more pressing.
The Cruachan and Foyers pumped storage stations are just a ‘drop in the ocean’ compared with what’s needed, but I bet there’ll be other ‘green’ techniques developed in the reasonably near future – hydrogen generation seems to be a frequently mooted idea – and your claim surely has less credibility in relation to tidestream and hydro power.
- Some of us would like to get back to the ‘real and highly important subject’ before you discover General Franco as the answer to practically everything, Malcolm.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- QM2 moored off Oban
Quite a lot of them seem to be the same person.
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
- Shell CEO says oil demand will rise to 80 times current North Sea production by 2040
….and you get four ‘thumbsdowns’ so far for pointing this out.
I wonder if there are more ostriches than humans reading this blog?
powered by SEO Super Comments